Chapter 3

Chapter 3

TGIS

          Finally the weekend, time to sit down relax and- check my phone? Already at precisely 11:24 A.M. I received a message from a Miss Ariana Grande. Normally if it were this early I’d just ignore it, but for some reason I just felt the need to check and respond to it. Whether it be politeness or just plain curiosity I was intrigued.

                The text was a simple ‘What’s up’ and since I was in no mood to type on my cheap flip-phone I just decided to call her. Ring ring.

“Hello?” She asked. It was kind of ridiculous thinking she would actually say hello like that when she knew it was me. Usually it’s a ‘Hi Beotch’ or something like that.

                “Why did you text me?” I asked, usually a text from Ariana had two meanings.

                “Oh well, I just wanted to know what you were doing right now… and if you maybe had plans for tonight because I got us into a club,” She truly sounded accomplished. Whatever she had to do, it was a lot for her to sound like she had just shot Hitler.

                “A club? Why and how?” I asked rather impatiently, I’d hate for her to tell me she did some things that she would regret, but a part of me wanted details that only a best friend could hope to hear.

                “Well, it’s not exactly a club,” she said rapidly, her tongue moving faster than her mouth could process vowels, “Do you remember when I was texting all day yesterday, well, I was just trying to snatch us V.I.P bracelets to ‘Kidz Club’”

                “Kidz Club?” I asked skeptically, oh god what did she drag me into this time.

                “Well, it’s this club for kids,” she said.

                “Yeah, I got that,” I retorted, smiling to myself at the witty words that had escaped my mouth.

                “Anyway,” she said irritated, “I was texting Connor Malcom. He’s the son of the guy who owns the club. So it’s like this place for any teenager with a secret V.I.P bracelet to come and drink alcohol and stuff. It’s totally secret and I got us those bracelets. So just think of it as a perfect night to dance and get drunk with friends!” she sputtered out enthusiastically.

                “And Connor just gave them to you?” I asked, once again as skeptical as before, “What did you do?”

                “I just have to make out with him for like ten minutes. If you ask me it’s worth it.”

                “So wait, you’re telling me a grown man owns a nightclub for underage kids to drink irresponsibly with no repercussions.”

                “I mean it’s a great business if you ask me and plus the divorce put him in a way out of whack- fucked up state.”

                I took a moment to breathe and think. Lately my life has been so vanilla I had basically been asking for a night outing without any form of realization. If anything this is a sign. I sighed and said yes while Ariana squealed hysterically and hung up. Whatever I was getting into it probably wasn’t going to end well, but I’m young and stupid so I might as well start fucking my life up the ass.

                After showering and getting dressed for the day I met my parents in the living room. They both were looking at me oddly. Or at least it’s odd for me, the emotion my parents are showing is one I’ve never witnessed, worry. Worry for me.