Chapter 2

" I had that dream again. " I said sadly.

" Did you tell ? " Alex exclaimed dramatically. " Ellie, you know you need to stop keeping all this to yourself. " She didn't make eye contact this time. She was busy taking her chemistry book out of her locker. She slammed the door shut. When she noticed me staring at her, she gave me a look. I knew what it signified. That I'm going batshit crazy.

" Not yet. I'm not planning to it either. " 

" Should I tell then ? I think your parents would want to hear it first from you. Ellie, you know this could mean something. Do you know that women from somewhere ? " She gave me another questioning look.

" No. I guess not. But she was beautiful.  And I always have a feeling that if she leaves, I'll be in pain. "

" Maybe your parents know her. You never know. Look, all I'm saying that you should confront someone. Someone but me. I don't really know your family history. And no lady comes in your dreams just to give you a mini-heart attack! " She looked at me again. 

" Okay, fine. I will talk to Luke first. " I replied.

" Okay then. Now put your attention back to chemistry class. " She opened the door of our class where a lot of huslting was going on. We picked our usual seats and waited for Melissa to join us.

We three, Melissa, Alex, and I were the best of friends since first grade. We three were always picked on and so, our friendship began in helping each other revolt. And now, we were ignored instead of picked on.

Wonderful luck we had. I thought sarcastically.  The moment the bell rang Melissa entered in a scurry and sat down to my left. She gave me a satisfactory and hurried smile and looked away.

" So, did you talk ? " She asked as she took out her book. I groaned. She got her answer. 

************************************************************************************************************

We all sat down in the corner seat at lunch. We looked at our plates.

" Mashed potatoes. Again. Orange juice. Again. Peanut butter sandwich. Again. " Melissa complained adding extra emphasis on her 'agains' . 

" Just juice for me. " We all threw our mashed potatoes in the nearby dustbin and began eating. Drinking in my case. I thought. I took out the apple that I had chose from the fruit basket and took a knife from the cafeteria and cut it into three halves. Everyone took their shares simultaniously as if we've been doing this since forever.

" Did the lady come again ? Were you sweating again ? " Melissa gave complete interest this time.

" Yea, and my hair was a mess. I don't know why I sweat, but....." I left my statement unfinished.

" If you don't do something, I mean, I'm scared that this might just turn into a horror movie disaster if you know what I mean. " Alex made her movie-eyes, which creeped me out.

" Shut up. I have to say something. I get it now. But what should I say ? ' Mom a women is scaring me to hell. Can you make her stop coming in my dreams ?' You think she'll fall for that ? If I tell Luke, he'll fall on the floor laughing. " I knew I had a point. Alex and Melissa have to agree on it.

" Go and ask her, maybe say that ' Do you know any women in our family who was very close to us and I havn't seen yet ?' " Melissa suggested.

" Ugh, you guys are of no help. I have to work this out on my own. " The rest of the day lazed around with no excitement. When I reached our car in the school parking lot, I realized that Luke was the only one waiting. Suze and Julie had still not reached. Luke was whisteling. He looked my way. I waved.

" What did you want to tell ? " Luke asked.

" How did you know I wanted to tell you something ? " I asked in return.

 Can he read the future ?

Your oh-so-best-friends came and told me. " He imitiated a completely girly voice.

" Did they ? " It suddenly made me hate them.

" Yup. Now come out clean and speak. Don't waste my time. " Luke finished off.