15

Today was meant to be a tribute for Arden Walker.

I still wanted to believe I'd wake up soon, that this was all a dream, a cruel nightmare.

But it wasn't.
Everything was too painfully real.

The once considered nerd, neglected and even frowned upon kid in the hallways, was suddenly a hero in everyone's eyes.

Now that he was no longer here.

But what they didn't know was that Arden Walker had been a hero long ago, and that he had saved me once.

But I was rather stupid to trade it over my reputation.

Now Hannah Morret was delivering her speech with fake tears and ugly sobs that made my stomach clench.

This was supposed to be a tribute for the hero who saved his family from an armed robber; one who sacrificed his life and took the bullet for the sake of his family.

But Hannah Morret just had to take this moment and steal the limelight. Disgusting.

And everyone knew she was sputtering lies over how she pitied Arden and how he didn't deserve such tragedy.

Well Arden truly did not deserve this.

And the bigger truth was that Arden Walker did not deserve such slander from Hannah Morret. He didn't deserve how everyone was blindly agreeing with her despite knowing the truth of how Hannah had treated Arden.

And I was so done with it. And this time, I wasn't letting it slip.

No way was I going to let history repeat itself all over again.

So when it was my turn to give my final message, I knew exactly that this was it.

The moment to set things right.