Second Chances

Karla

"You don't trust me? After two years you don't trust me?” The tears prickle in my eyes.

“No, I don't trust you, and I know you don't trust me. So don't you dare pull that shit.” He growls.

"I do fucking trust you Louis! I always have, but it’s nice to know you don’t trust me whatsoever, and you know what? I'm sick of this shit. What's a relationship without trust, anyways?"  I yelled at him. “You know what, we’re over, Louis." I could feel my eyes glossing over and all of those little butterflies in my stomach I l ways got when I was with him just died. I turned on my heel and ran, ignoring his voice as he called out for me. I couldn't go through this same shit over and over again. This on and off relationship with him had started in 6 years ago and I was completely done. 

So I ran. I ran until my feet hurt. I ran even after his voice had disappeared. He gave up again because to him I wasn't worth the fight. I ran all the way to my best friends house praying that she was there. I knocked three times and waited patiently. After a couple seconds she answered. 

“Karla? Are you okay?" 

“Anna." I cried and walked into her hug. She brushed back my hair as I cried into her shoulder until I couldn’t anymore.