The First Adventure

In the north of England is a school called Hogwarts. But Hogwarts was not an ordinary school. It was a school of magic. Every year, witches and wizards from all over Britain would leave for Hogwarts where they would learn how to transfigure animals into goblets, make objects fly, read about the history of magic, create antidotes and poisons, care and nurture magical creatures and master defensive spells. One year, a boy from one of the oldest pureblood wizarding families arrived at Hogwarts. His name was Sirius Black. As a member of the Black family, he was expected to be in Slytherin, just as they all had. When it was Sirius' turn to be sorted, everybody was astounded when he was put into Gryffindor; Slytherin's enemy house. Sirius was scared. What would his parents say? Later that night, the other new members of Gryffindor house watched as Sirius tried his hardest to change his uniform into a deep green, in hopes that he would become a Slytherin. As he struggled, three of the Gryffindor's offered to help him. James, Remus and Peter. The boys all put their heads together to find a spell that would change the colour of Sirius' robes. When they did eventually find the correct spell and perform it, Sirius was so happy. But he was also sad. He had made some good friends in his arrogance.

Remus, James and Peter went with him to find the Slytherin dormitories. They got lost under the school in the tunnels on their way to the dungeons. Sirius soon realized, maybe being in Gryffindor wouldn't be so bad with this lot around. Maybe he was different to his family. Though they were lost, the boys continued to wind their way through the tunnels until they came back to the surface. They were in the dungeons. And standing right outside the Slytherin dorms. Just as Remus, James and Peter were saying goodbye, Sirius changed his mind. He didn't want to be like his family. He called to the others to wait up. Remus and Peter were startled. What had happened to the Sirius who wanted to be in Slytherin like the rest of his family? James, however, was happy. He liked Sirius. Together the four boys made their way back to the Gryffindor Common Room, where they laughed and joked about what they had done.

Sirius learned a great lesson that night. Do not let your arrogance get in the way of who you really are. Sirius changed his robes back to their original colour and that's how they stayed for the next 7 years.