episode one

I pulled my long brown hair up in a messy pony tail . " willow order up !" The cook said ringing the service bell . " thanks henry " I said grabbing the plate of French Fry's and walking it to table six .

Six years had past and I work at a 24 hour dinner . I have grown out of my stealing days and finally can support myself . I sold my mother's house and now have my own apartment and a pet cat which I named Timmy. I would say I've done pretty good so far with my life so far despite the odds.

" here you go . if you need anything else don't hesitate to ask " I said. Serena looked up from her newspaper smiling . she was a regular that came in at least three times a week. " thanks willow "

I nodded and walked back behind the counter. Erin my boss sat there working on a cross word. She has been pretty nice with me. She has a weird obsession with cats though . She wants to see pictures of Timmy whenever I take them. She secretly is going to be one of those crazy cat lady's in the near future.

" ya know what I don't get ? " she said glaring at the paper. ," why do they put impossible puzzles in these papers ? Seriously. " she looked at me . "you can leave early if you want. "

" to torment you ?" She rolled her eyes at me and flipped me off. I walked to the break room and grabbed my backpack and coat tossing it on.

" you leaving already ?" Brandi asked sitting on a bench playing a game on her phone. Brandi was the the closet thing to a friend I have. Sometimes we will talk and meet up somewhere and hangout . she is a little younger than me but not by much .

" yea. Erin is letting me go a bit early "

She looked up at me ." be careful of that woman in the dinning room . ya know the one that gets the Fry's ? She has been asking questions about you ." she tied on her apron. " my breaks over but be careful about her. My stalker vibe is tingling. "

Brandi is known to be a bit paranoid . some people here call her nuts but her warnings are always right. There was this one time she clocked out and warned me about a customer that was still there saying he was creepy. Once I was alone giving him a burger and he smacked my butt... He lost a couple teeth that night.

" thanks I'll be careful. " I pulled out my phone and called for a taxi and walked out to the lobby sitting at the counter. Erin was still struggling with the cross word puzzle. I had henry make me a milkshake while I was waiting on the call from the taxi saying they were here .

I heard the stool next to me move and Serena sat down smiling at me . I felt my guard go up . " hey " she said smiling .

" hey " I smiled.

She was reaching in her pocket and pulled out a pen and a napkin . I watched her as she scribbled on it.

I know about you .
Don't worry I can keep your secret

" what are you talking about ?" I raised an eyebrow trying to play it cool but eternally I was freaking out . My instincts were screaming at me to just leave.

She watch me for a second . I felt like a ant under a magnified glass . She went back to scribbling.

There is a place . In Ohio . a school that can help you learn more. Please take this.

she pulled out another paper. It was a folded up brochure .

Look at this and here is my number. Please think about it.

My phone sounded off in my pocket making me jump. I was way to tense. " hello ?"

" ms.white your taxi is outside. " a woman said.

" thank you. I'll be right out " I sloped my phone in my pocket and stood up. She grabbed my sleeve.

" please take this. Think about it ." she said pleading. I don't know why but I shoved it in my pocket and walked outside to my taxi.