A Letter To You

Dear Nick,

Dear Nick,

my most precious bean, you are quite a character. I highly admire how you're only fourteen, but you have already been through so much stuff, yet remained grounded and kind. Sometimes I feel like you might have matured way too quickly, but I love that part of you as well.

I've noticed how observant and insightful you are and hearing your opinions on various topics and people has become one of my favorite things, considering how well-thought out and reason-based they always are. Even though you sometimes argue too much and have a need to be always right, I still love it when you share your point of view.

Another thing I love about you is how genuinely sweet and caring you are. You don't always show it in the most explicit ways, but your habit of complimenting people for no reason is one of the many proofs how beautiful your soul is. The simple fact that you actually took time to search up our countries and save their timezones just so you could later scold us for staying up too late. You possess a lot of useful knowledge that you're always very willing to share and I thank you for that.

No matter how many times we talk or even if our connection dwindles down, I will always be grateful for having the privilege to call you my friend. You've helped me in various ways without even realizing the significance of your actions. You've encouraged me when I didn't even ask or gave advice that you thought was needed, but it was.

So here I thank you. For everything.

For being kind and thoughtful. For caring too much when others care too little. And for loving, thank you for loving me regardless how annoying I get. You are undoubtedly one of a kind.

This is a letter to you, YONGGUK90.

— Joanna.