Chapter One

"Charlotte!" Isabel exclaims. 

I watch as Isabel rushes to the side of the boat, emptying her stomach.

"Ye gran' so? Isabel?" I ask.

"Fine."  She vomits again.

"Are me 'ole an' katty barry?"

"Speak english!" Isabel growls.

I laugh and say

"Gran' love."

"Is that english?"  Isabel asks.

"No, But this is."  I chuckle.

"Thank God!" Isabel exclaims.

I laugh again and Isabel finally rises from the side of the ship.

"I'm good. You still got that accent of yours but, eh, at least you speak in english terms."  Isabel says walking over to me.

"Is there a problem with my accent?" I snort.

"No, It's just Irish." She says using me as a crutch.

"It's Northern Dublin Irish. For your information." I comment.

Isabel smiles and then a guard runs up to us.

"Storms a com-en, Ladies. Better get below deck."

"Yes, thank you." Isabel says.

"This way, my lady." I say having Isabel follow me down to our cabin.

We enter the cabin, and I close the door behind me. Isabel plops down onto her bed and looks at me.

"I'm bored." She says.

"Then read, sew, write, sing. Do something." I say making my way to my bed.

I sit down and pull out a book. Isabel sighs and pulls out one too.

                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I flip the page in my book almost at the end when the door flies open. A guard rushes in,

"My lady, Charlie. Pirates have overtaken the ship. They don't know either of you are aboard but......" He trails off.

I stand up quickly and say to him.

"Thank you for the notification. Please stand guard over the door."

The guard nods and leaves the room. Isabel runs over to me scared.

"My lady, I must tie down your chest with this cloth, and you must dress in these clothes." I say to her, yanking clothes out of a chest.

"I will only if you do the same. We've been together since birth and we will always be together. At least until I'm married." Isabel says. I nod and she takes off her dress.

I quickly pull the fabric out of the jumble of clothes and pin back her breasts.

"Quickly dress my lady. I will start getting my bindings on." I pull my dress off and try to tie down my chest.

I huff in frustration. For some reason it wouldn't stay.

"Here." Isabel says "Let me help you." 

Isabel dressed quickly and now worked on my bindings. I grab the pants and pull them on.  Isabel tugs tightly, making it hard to breathe.  I cough, and Isabel freezes.

"No, go, go."I say.

Once she finishes, I pull on the shirt and boots. I then pull my long hair into the hat. Isabel has hair much shorter than mine and pulls it into a low ponytail.