Chained

Chapter 1:

Where It All Began

The clock's ticking and I still find myself in bed, covered in my warm and comfy blankets. I wonder when all of this would end. I feel like I'm floating, floating so high, with no direction. All I know is I wake up every morning by the tick of the clock and do the things that I usually do. Get up, take a bath, prepare, eat, and go to school. The usual routine. I'm lost and I lost my grip on what my purpose really is in this boring world. I have my friends, I have my family, but I still feel so alone. Like there's a missing piece inside of me. I tried to fill in that gap by having fun and doing the things I love to do but still, it is all in vain. And so, I decided to cut class and spend some time alone somewhere other than here.

I wore my sweater and jeans and went off. I decided to take a walk in the streets and go somewhere nice. Like a place with a sunset or rainbow or trees or somewhere where things make sense. As I walked along the streets of the city, I saw a beautiful park with less people. I searched around for a spot to rest on to wherein there are no people and so I searched within the side of the park, with so many trees. And somewhere within the woods, I saw a huge beautiful maple tree with enough shade that could shelter you. The rays of the sun could still pass through its majestic branches and leaves leaving warm traces of light on the grassy ground. I took the opportunity and rested beneath the warmth of the tree. I closed my eyes and thought the smell of the leaves pleasing to my nose and the tweets of the birds peaceful. From then on, I decided to make this my spot.

After a few minutes of almost drifting off to paradise, I felt a shadow hovering above me, blocking the sunlight.

"Must you know that someone believe it rude to be staring at people when they are sleeping?" I said, in a partially offended manner. Whoever that person is, may it be the President or Oprah Winfrey, I don't care. He or she ruined the frigging moment that I have been waiting for in the past few months. I squinted and blinked my eyes a few times until I finally got a clear vision of the human being standing in front of me. It's a guy. Standing tall, he looked back at me with those gorgeous green eyes in disgust.

"And you must know that I have no intention in looking at a woman who drools when she sleeps." He said, in a serious tone.

My jaw dropped. Embarrassed as well as frustrated, I stood up and confronted him.

"What business do you have here, anyway? You could have been polite enough to see me taking a rest and walk away so as to not disturb me. You could have taken it to consideration that I was very much exhausted and that I needed somewhere to take a nap. You could have been a gentleman rather than an impolite and creepy dude who stares at sleeping women." I burst out in anger.

"I could have. But the thing is, that's my spot right there." He pointed at the spot where I rested.

"Oh. And suppose you have your name engraved on that spot?" I asked, raising my left eyebrow.

"Nope. But I did buy this lot and I do have documents to prove that," he said, putting both of his hands in his pocket, arrogantly. "So if you don't want further humiliation, you can leave."

That explains it. That's why there are no people roaming around this area. I find myself in between humiliation and anger. As much as I want to do something different with my life by killing this annoying guy in front of me, I can't. It's far too risky. I still don't believe him.

"Look, I know this type of stories okay? You were following me around, a.k.a. stalking me, and you saw me rest under this tree. And then you grabbed the opportunity by looking at me because you think it would be cute but it turned out creepy. You don't have to deny the fact, you know. I got you." I said, trying to shift the conversation just to free myself from humiliation if what he said was really true.