The Visitor

I am hiding with my sisters in the basement. They can't find us here. Footsteps from the floor above create a whirlwind of dust in the air. The urge of sneezing makes it that much harder to stay quiet. A sudden movement would trigger the people who have come to our house that there are people here, witnessing what they are up to. The footsteps get closer and I hear the clanging of keys. There must be at least 5 intruders in the house. Step by step, the noise gets louder and the tension in the room makes us not want to breathe. The sound of a gun being loaded is so close you can taste the powder. A shadow is able to be seen from across the room. It gets bigger and bigger and....

I wake up all sweaty and panting. How could my dream think of such horrible situations that are probably happening right now somewhere in the world? After that dream, I almost forgot I was held captive in a psych ward. Suddenly, a knock on the door from scares the daylights out of me.

"Yes?"

"One of the investigators is here to see you," replied the voice.

I completely forgot about the person that was going to come to see me. But what for? I already agreed to be in this place and don't want any questions to be asked to me now. The door opens and the person standing there is no other than the man who annoys me the most; Sam. Out of the thousands of people that have the same boring job as his, he is the one I have to put up with again?

"There's the psychopath that loves to annoy me so much," says Sam.

"And you are none other than the man I despise the most."

"Good to see you too. Got a very nice place here."

"Why are you here?"

"Didn't anyone tell you? I am your babysitter."

"What? NO! NO! NO!"

"Unfortunately, you are unable to make that decision so.... yes yes yes."

"Why do I even need someone to look after me. Is this room not enough to keep me from running away?"

"I didn't know you thought of running away. I will have to write that down."

"You are so unbelievable!"

"I take that as a compliment. Today I will be doing some exercises with you. I believe that you are not doing enough in your own life so, in your dreams, you have to make up stories that coincidentally come true."

"So you think I don't have a life to live and believe that I make things up just for my amusement?"

"Pretty much. Come on, let's go out of this place and do something fun."

Sam put out his hand. I don't know if I should trust him or not but I know I want to escape. Why can't my heart stop beating? It might be because of him or the room. Definitely the room. I will follow him. Only until I can escape forever. This is my only choice.

(New chapter coming soon)