Chapter Two

Dolph was very confused when Nikki pulled him aside after lunch. "Nikki, Wh-"

"Do you like Space Kid?" she asked in a hushed tone. He felt the blood rush to his cheeks and started sputtering, his accent switching between american and german.

"Vhat? No! What gave you zhat idea?" There was a nervous tone in his voice. Nikki rolled her eyes and pinched his cheek. "This, for one. You're stuttering, for two. And your german accent doesn't come out that much." She stepped back and crossed her arms. "Plus you were blushing this morning when he hugged you."

The underclassman sighed in defeat, pushing his hair to one side. "Ok, ok... I might have a small crush on him."

A smile appeared on the girl's face and she dragged him along. "I knew it!" she cheered quietly. Dolph rolled his eyes and flipped his hair. "Where are you taking me?"

"To class, duh," Nikki muttered, glancing back at him. "English, right?"

He blinked, surprised. "Yeah... Wait, how did you-"

"That's not important," she interrupted, tugging him into the classroom. "What is important is that you spill. Every detail. Please."

The ravenet pulled out of her grasp and took a seat near the middle. "Why do you want to know?"

The wild child huffed, sliding into the desk next to him. "Because Max's over-the-top boyfriend got me into shipping, and I need more reasons to. He also offered me fifty bucks if I can give him some fanficton material."

Dolph hummed in response and leaned back in his seat. "What else?"

"Wh- ugh, fine. Harrison wanted some details, too."

He sighed in annoyance. "Fine, I'll tell you some of the story."

Nikki's eyes gleamed and she rested her chin in her hands. "I'm listening."

The male started tapping his pen against the desk. "Well... I started crushing on him back in seventh grade..." he said slowly. "I tried to deny it at first, but... That didn't go so well..."

"Anything else?" The turquoise haired girl asked quietly. The half-german shrugged. "Besides the fact he seems oblivious to my crush and he probably doesn't like me back, no."

"No, like, what are some of the reasons you like him?" she asked. Dolph gave her an unamused look. She raised her hands. "Hey, I'm getting paid for this."

He rolled his eyes and stared at his pen. "He's cute... Extremely passionate about things... Energetic, and just so... Bubbly," he breathed, a grin appearing on his face. Nikki smiled and whispered to him, "Don't sweat it. You have a good chance with him."

Before he could ask what she meant by that, the teacher started class.