He's different

He was different today. Behaved like somebody else the whole day. Teresa stood in the little kitchen in the CBI building and waited for the cup in the coffeemachine in front of her to be filled with the hot, brown liquid.

Her mind has been on her consultant the whole day, noticing his default of his usual behavior every once in a while. She was seriously concerned about him, since she knew about the hypnotizing and the agent thought about talking to Jane.

And of course, like everytime she thought about him, he showed up behind her with a cheery "Hey Lisbon." on his lips and his turquoise tea cup in his hands. He refilled it with tea and placed himself next to her. Lisbon took her cup of coffee and looked at him while blowing air on her drink to make it cool down. "Jane, we have to talk." she began and the blonde man's smile shrunk because of her serious face. He knew, that this wasn't because one of his jokes. This was something serious. They both just wanted to make their way into Teresa's bullpen but got interrupted by Rigsby who told them, that the sister of Amy Rooster, the woman who got killed brutally and then was placed in her own bath tube, was about to jump off a bridge. Patrick sighed and said "Busy day, today." placed his tee mug on a table, next to the sink and followed Rigsby. "Hurry, Lisbon. When I get to the car first, I'll drive!" he shouted over his shoulder and his boss shook her head on him before she put her cup in the sink and ran behind them

***

"Isn't it a beautiful day, Lisbon?" the curled man said smiling while her hand were placed on the steering wheel and he looked out of the window to look at the sun. His partner snorted and answered cynical "This family experienced two deaths, and maybe a third one, so if you call this a 'beautiful day', then yes it is."

"Don't be so sarcastic. Doesn't suit you." Jane answered chuckling and then suddenly, in a fracture of a second, got dead serious. He looked at her with his blue eyes and opened his mouth. "Can I ask you something, Teresa?" his voice formed this words in a monotone way, Lisbon had never ever heard before. "Only if you keep your eyes on the road!" she nearly yelled because the car left the road of their traffic lane and drove in curves over the whole width of the road. Patrick directed it on its right way again and spoke again. "Which gun would be the best if you", he turned his head to hers to look her into her eyes, "want to kill yourself?" The end of this sentence took Teresa's breath away and her eyes widened in shock. "Wha-What do you mean? Why do you want to know?" she stumbled and the consultant fixed his eyes on the road again before he finally opened his mouth to answer. "I am just curious." he nearly said to himself. Then, in the next second, he was like switched and he smiled cheery at her and calmed her down. "No worry, Lisbon. I thought about this woman who killed herself, and if we know which weapon it was, it'll be easier to find it, don't you think that?"

The rest of their journey passed by silent but Teresa just couldn't stop thinking about the question and his serious face. What if he wants to know how to kill himself? This thought wouldn't go out of her mind untill Patrick stopped the car and they got out. She risked one more glance at him and hoped in her mind, that it was just for investigation.

------

be proud of me! I wrote a new chapter! :D Hope you liked it :)

~kathi <3~