Bells

It seems like only yesterday when Jackson and I shared a kiss. But in reality it was ten years ago, it couldn't even be classified as a kiss as we were only children and he probably doesn't even recall it, but to me nothing could ever be more perfect.

As I watch the love of my life exchange vows with his new wife I couldn't help but smile.
He looked so handsome.

I remember him expressing his hatred of suits some years ago , but at that very moment no item of clothing could look more perfect.His ocean blue eyes shimmering in pure joy,flashing that magazine cover worthy smile he has.His dark brown hair combed back slightly.

Nicole looked so beautiful, her shiny raven curls effortlessly up in a stylish updo, her spectacular yet minimum makeup brought out her sparkling jade eyes, and the gorgeous mermaid dress matched the theme of the wedding perfectly and outlined her goddess figure.

I couldn't help glancing at purple sweetheart neckline dress I was currently wearing. My roommate Sheila had been very kind by lending it to me , but it was nothing compared to Nicole's.My mousy brown hair and boring brown eyes made me even more out of place in this lavish gathering.

She had asked me to be one of her bridesmaids out of genuine kindness, but I had politely declined.Saying that I wasn't very good with crowds, when in reality I didn't want to be too involved in the wedding planning. My heart couldn't handle that"You may kiss the bride".Five words which show the start of something amazing made me cut me up in side.

The way he kissed her, like they were the only people in the world confirmed what I thought earlier. A childish pat on the lips could never hold a light to such a share of passion between two lovers.Every one cheered.

At the reception I sat next at my designated table with Jackson's college buddies. Mason who is Jackson's friend was making a toast. "See Jacky boy , when I first saw you with Nicole I was like she's way out of your league..."People started laughing lightly and so were Jackson and Nicole. Even their names sound great together. It used to be Jackson and Amelia ,said a voice in my head .

Mason continued with his toast. "But over time I saw how much you loved each other and how well you two are together, I wish you two all the best with your lives together". "I propose a toast to Mr and Mrs Hartley ".

Everyone raised their champagne glasses including me. Nicole and Jackson's parents also made a toast.
I looked at Jackson as he danced slowly with Nicole, they clung to each other as if afraid the other would flee .I fought back the tears , gulping down the rest of my drink.

Still engrossed in my thoughts, I failed to notice the man approaching more."Hey there Silly Milie,why the long face."said a deep voice.I cringed at the nickname, recognising the voice. "Hunter hey,I haven't seen you in years,how are you? "I said smiling . Sulking was not helping me .

Hunter is Jackson's older brother who I had the silliest crush on when I was younger ,with reason of course. Hunter is very handsome with his dreamy blue eyes the same as Jackson's, they are also the same height and look similar, the only exception being Hunter's dark blonde hair.He had matured a lot over the years and looked even more handsome.He is 28 years old and is 3 year older than Jackson, Jackson being a year older than me.

"Im great, even more now that I've seen you".He said winking , which caused a blush to creep up on my face . Hunter is not married and is a major player. I took a glance at Jackson, and saw him now dancing with his mother.He seemed to have noticed me because he looked at me and smiled,waving slightly.I also smiled at him , He lost his smile once he saw who I was talking to . strange.

"Looks like little Jacky is all grown up ".Hunter said letting out a chuckle. I looked at him and giggled at the nickname knowning how much Jackson hated it."You look lovely by the way ".Hunter said eyeing me up and down and grinning. I felt the familiar blush on my face.

"Hi Mel , I hope I'm glad I had a chance to chat with you.Said Jackson who I hadn't been paying I attention to. My heart beat sped up from hearing his deep voice. How could I not notice him? "Oh Jacky, I'm so offended, is Amelia the only person you see here?"Hunter said putting a hand on his chest faking heartbreak.I was thankful for the distraction, my voice seemed to be stuck in my throat.

Nicole was now sitting at a table, with her parents and Hunter's. They were laughing cheerfully and chatting, which is probably why Jackson was able to come here.

Jackson's buddies were now mingling with the bridesmaids on the dance floor, living me with only Hunter and Jackson at the table.
Jackson scowled at Hunter, after hearing him speak."Hey Hunter, I didn't think you'd make it, seeing how.. busy you are ".Jackson said to Hunter, clearly not surprised. Hunter's response was a smirk.

"Your right Jacky, I have been busy lately but there was no need to worry, you know I wouldn't miss my baby brother's wedding for the world.Hunter said . Jackson and Hunter were not the best of pals growing up, even now it seems. "And I've got to give it to you little bro, the ceremony was great, even made me think about setting down ".Hunter continued winking at me.

Something crossed Jackson's eyes after seeing Hunter's gesture, but it faded just as soon as it came. "Thank you Hunter , Nicole deserves only the best ".Jackson responded. His response brought a pang to my heart "I was just telling Amelia how amazing she looks, doesn't she Jacky? Hunter asked. "Yes she looks....beautiful".Jackson said looking at me, causing my heart to flutter.

"Well Jacky I've got to get going as I've got a plane to catch, but I wish you all the best".Hunter said chuckle. "Bye Amelia, I hope we can meet again".He said to me flashing his signature smirk as he left.

Living me with Jackson.I started panicked a little, what if he sees right through me? "So..,you are a married man now, no more sleep overs and binge watching horror films".I said which caused him laugh and I couldn't help laughing also.

"Cheer up Mel, we can still hangout, I'll only be an hour away ".He said with a smile. My heart dropped, his wedding was not the only reason for my mood. "Not really Jackson, I'm moving to London in a couple of days, there is a really great job opportunity there,which I can't miss seeing as I'm fresh out of college". His whole mood changed, his expression changed to one of confusion and bit of anger.

"What do you mean your moving Amelia, when were you going to tell me all of this?"He said , his voice laced with anger. I expected him to be a little bit mad, but no this much .I wasn't even going to tell him. I had planned to tell his sister Carla so that she would be the one to break it to him , change of plans I guess.

The journalist job was not the only reason behind my move, part of me hoped that distance would help me forget about Jackson, maybe even find someone else to love. That's how pathetic I am.

"Your just going to live your whole life behind, what about your family?what about...me? your just going to leave me, forget all about me?"Jackson continued. My parents more than happy with the news, more especially my mom because I was going to stay with her sister aunt Julie, who never married. Mom thought that she was probably very lonely.

He was being so unfair, how did he think I felt about him marrying Nicole. "Jackson you know how hard I've been trying to find work, I can't let this opportunity pass,besides, I'm not leaving you alone, you have Nicole and your whole life...together.."I said ignoring the ache in my heart. "Maybe it's time for me to focus on my own life". I finished , smiling at him .He looked so sad.

"Jackson there you are , Nicole is waiting for you, its time to zoom away to your honeymoon". Carla said.I was very thankful for the interruption. I couldn't stand the sadness displayed on Jackson's blue eyes."Yeah thanks sis.."He sad now displaying a smile. "Goodbye Amelia". He said looking at me.

-----------------------------------------

I watched as Jackson and Nicole rode of to their new lives with a just married sign on their license plate , people were cheering. Carla was standing next to me."You know Mel,Nicole is a very nice girl, but I always thought it would be you riding in that car with Jack. Carla said smiling at me.I wish it was me in that car too Carla.

*********************