[1]

It's pitch dark in here. The smell of blood is entering my nostrils and it's lingering all over the place. I tried to move but I felt the intense pain that is conquering my consciousness little by little. My breath is running short simultaneously. Damn it. Am I going to die here? Is my happiness going to end here?

I tried so hard to turn my head towards her direction, the love of my life - Erin. If we're not in this situation, I would just think that she's just sleeping peacefully, but hell no. She maybe smiling on her slumber but her body is covered with blood. Tears are still evident on her, and that's the last thing I want to see on her lovely face. She protected me, for me to survive but I failed her. I promised that I will be the one protect her, that these things won't happen again in our lives, that I will do my best not to ruin the future of our son - Alastor, but I guess this hell won't let me go out alive. Even my family was ruined. I tried my best to survive this unending sorrow and pain but why can't it give me my happiness? Now my wife is dead and my son is nowhere to be found, not knowing if he's dead or alive. I should be the only one who should face the consequences not them! Why? I greeted my teeth in anger and agony.

There's still alot of gunshots and bomb explosions outside our mansion, maybe Elixr's are already here but it's too late. I closed my eyes, trying to regain all the strength that I can use. Slowly, I crawled towards my wife, feeling the throbbing pain on my chest as I reach for her hand. I held it and laid beside her. It's my fault, this is all my fault. I got careless just because of the thought that I'm already free from all these. I'm sorry Erin. This is not the life that I promised you.

"Alaric!" A voice called me, as I turned my head towards the direction where her voice came from, I already know who she is.

"Ayesha.." I mouthed faintly. She's one of the Elixr's and one of my closest friends. We almost grew up together and I consider her as my baby sister. My throat became very dry and I'm already having a hard time catching my breath. The blood that is coming out of my chest is already nearing it's limit. It's hard to compose myself so I decided to close my eyes. I heard her footsteps towards me, and I can sense the shock she was experiencing right now.

"Fvck this!" I heard her cuss loudly. "Damn it!" she shouted as she kneeled beside me. Then I hear more footsteps coming in our direction.

"Wrath! What the hell----- Alaric!" A man voice said and ran towards us. Judging from his voice, I know it's my bestfriend Myst. I opened my eyes and I saw him beside Ayesha. His eyes are getting teary as he stared on Erin's body. I turned my head facing my wife. This is a shame, I wasn't able to protect her sister so how can I face him now? "Onee-sama.." he said in trembling voice.

"Get on your senses Myst." Ayesha said. Based on her words I can tell that she's totally mad. I know her too well for me not to sense that. "Alaric is still alive, so we must--"

"Ne-ver mind me.." I interrupted her. I tried my best to speak, not facing them for my vision is already getting blurred. "It's my end. Even if you bri-ng me to the hospital-- I won't make it. Yo-u know how far it is from here."

"But onii--"

"No. You already know what it is to come.. I won't leave my wife here. We'll be sleeping together, and maybe with our child as well.." I tried to lift my hand to touch Erin's face. Tears started to fog my blurry vision. When it comes to her, my eyes easily cry. No, she's the only one capable of moving my heart. If I can ever bring back time, I won't ever bring her to this hell that I am in. She loved me, accepted me for who I am but that's the reason why she died. I'm the one who brought her here, so I'm the one who killed her.

"Maybe? Where is Alastor?!" Myst asked, I turned to look at him, and he is actually trying to find his nephew around. "Where is he?!"

"He got taken--" Before I can finish my words, Myst already banged the door open and ran outside to find him. I stared on the open door for a while.

"Myst never changed right?" I tried to sound funny. I can still remember our childhood days together. Me, Myst, Ayesha. We were literally raised in hell, but Myst has the softest heart among us. "And you, why are you still here--" I was cutted off when I felt my lungs draining me to get more air which I know is already at it's limit. Ayesha held my hand as I held hers. I tried to compose myself for the last time. "There's alot of things I wish I did, but in the end, I wasn't able to do it.. So Ayesha, I want you to do everything that your heart desires.. Do not hold back so you won't have regrets." She just nodded but I know she's just trying to block her tears from falling. "And don't do everything on your own, unlike me.. you still have a better life ahead of you, you understand baby girl?"

"Alaric onii-sama!" she uttered and tears started to run down her face. It's rare to see her crying. Ayesha is a strong woman but she has weaknesses as well, but I'm sure Myst will protect her no matter what.

"Don't cry little pig-let. Now go.." I said and give her a faint smile. I tried to let go of her hand but I felt her tightened her grip.

"I will find your son and I promise you, I will risk my life inorder to protect him." Ayesha said firmly and ran outside the mansion following Myst. Her eyes always tells everything, she never broke any promises with me. I know she will find him. I know my son is in good hands, I just hope that God spared my son for he has nothing to do with all these.

I tried to turn my body towards my wife, I used all my strength to hug her lifeless body. Her hair smelled like the lavander fragrance she always use, but there's a sting of blood scent. I can feel her cold body against mine. She died with a smile on her face knowing I will protect our son.

Our son maybe alive but he will not be able to grow up with us. My heart clenched on that thought. There's alot of dreams we made for him: On which school we will send him, what profession he will choose, what kind of girls will he like. We even argued on the first word he will speak, either Mom or Dad. How lovely would that be? Hearing my son say dad or daddy? I would love to hear those words, but I, we already lost that chance. I want to carry him, buy all the toys that he wants. I want to give him everything but as much as I want to do all of those for him and his mother, I won't be able to do so. I would really like to apologize to him for being born in this kind of life. I guess it's too late to do that. He will understand someday, I know he will be great for he is my son, our son.

What did I do wrong? Why am I born with this cursed fate? Why do my loved ones have to die and suffer? There's still alot of question in my head even though I'm dying. My breath is already at it's limit. I struggled to have air but I know my body can't take it anymore. I tried to open my eyes for the last time to see my wife's face. If my life wasn't like this, will I be able to meet her? Or if I didn't met her, she will be still alive. If I was born in a normal family, will I be happy? Just looking back from the beginning, I know it's painful but I guess there's always pain after happiness, or such happiness can't just exist in hell. For the lives I've taken, I guess my life wasn't enough payment. Tears are still streaming down from my face as I kissed my wife on her forhead.

I closed my eyes again and tried to recall everything from the beginning, where my hell started.

--------

Waaaaa! First update for 2018! Sorry for the grammar lapses! Trial lang sana 'to pero wag nalang. Anyway, hindi po ito final chapter ha, flashback type kasi 'tong story. Hope you like it! You MDIAMA po next kong update this week :( Nawala po kasi draft ko nung nasira si Watty :< Gomene!~

Thanks for reading!

-KylarAdlae 💕