P1

Storm scratches the door, whimpering still too weak and young to do much more without her fire

My dad, Conner,  continues to scream at me, my thoughts hone into his fat red face and pot belly that's standing over me, my ribs already having me hiss in pain from where his foot crashed down.

"Why did you disrespect me!" He roars as his hand crashes down on my cheek. I don't show the pain, even as tears weld in my eyes and spill over my cheeks.

My fathers coyote- Davin growls and flinch as its hot breath blows on my neck, I cower against the ground as my dads snarl lumes over me.

"Pathetic."

I wake with a start as Storm blows hot breath on me, waking me up before she rolls me off the bed.

Instantly sensing that I had a nightmare she shuffles her wings against her sides and stands to her full extent before puffing out smoke in a sort of song.

I'm soon a giggling mess on the floor well, I was already a mess on the floor the only difference is that I'm giggling. My memory faded from my dream as I lazily insult myself.

I stand and rub the side of her snout, she steadily gixes one of her amber eyes on me as we feel each others sense of loyalty and love. "Thanks." I whisper, she blinks slowly and I know she understands deeper then my words convey.

I turn my back when she flops and curls into a ball, her 30ft self taking up much room in my own space. Her blue and grey scales glittering in my eye as she shuts her amber ones, her 60 foot long wing wrap around her body making it warmer.

I glance at her before I grab some clothes that consist of jeans and a long sleeve lose patterned shirt to hide my scars along with a sweatshirt with a batman logo on it along with a blue sports bra with matching underwear.

Slipping on my unimportant clothes I walk into my bathroom, connected to my bedroom I don't have to worry about being seen through my hallway windows.

I live alone, my mother was killed when I was born and her lion- Raver shortly after. My father left when Storm got her fire.

I quickly brush my hair, and put it in 2 quick braids on either side of my face. My baby hairs framing my face tickling it.

I stare in the mirror, my dead dull light hazel almost brown eyes scan over my dark brown hair, my light skin and blushed lips and cheeks.

I sigh and go back to my room, rolling my eyes as Storm huffs at me.

My phone goes off letting me know we have to leave in 5. I grab my bag and send an alert wave of emotion from our link waking Storm up in time.

She walks through the huge door to get from my room the the hall to the living room, past the kitchen, bathroom, guest bedroom  and dinning room before leaving with me on our tail to our front yard.

I slip my phone in my backpack along with my needed supplies for the first day of school. I fasten my bag to her saddle and throw myself up, moving lower I casually lean against her spike as she takes off flying well ubove the houses.

We get closer to school and I see Cathy's elephant, she's the queen bee of my small highschool. Her minions all have hippos that are surrounding her.

I roll my eyes as they stomp at a guy and his emu for getting too close. I see Raymond approach with his panther, he's her boyfriend he's the 'alpha' jock.

I look away as giddyness is sent through our mental link as she soars into the clouds leaving the people out of sight. We twirled and twisted as she roars in delight, I laugh along with her roar.

She finally spreads out her wings and we stop to a gental breeze. We flash memory's to each other about times each of us were clumsy and my laugh and her growl/roar/laugh fills my ears.

Suddenly a huge shadow is thrown over us, I look up to see the underside of another black and red dragon, they come diving at us, twisting in the air.

I see the rider shout something to his dragon, his laughter dying out as he realises that his careless fun could kill us.

As he is probably a 50ft dragon with 100ft wingspan, I scream and grab her spikes to desperately pull her out of the way, she tucks her wings in and tries to dive out of the way as the other dragon tries to slow its fall.

It doesn't work.

He slams into the top of her side, my hands scramble to grab something as I am tosses off, Storm roars in fear as she instantly knows what happens.

She forgets her own injuries and dives at me, her and the giant dragon struggle to get me as I make myself less aerodynamic so its easier.

Storm finally wraps her talons around me as we are less then 100ft from the ground, relief washes over me but soon vanishes as I realise that even as I'm not going to die, we are still going to crash.

She turns upside down, her back is the most guarded by the thickest scales and spikes there. We crash the the ground and she whimpers in pain, I growl out a breath as she realeases me.

I instantly spring up on trembling legs and go to her head, her eyes are open and scanning me for injuries, she roars in used strength as she pulls her and her sharp spikes from the dirt.

She stands alert as I walk around her large frame, seeing that she's not injured I sigh and I lean against the hollow of her throat and listen to her steady heart beat.