seven

me:
grayson
delievered at 15:17
please reply
delievered at 15:17
i need u rn
read at 15:18

grayson:
hey
what is it?

me:
can you please cone get me
i think i literally just dislocated my ankle
i hurts really bad
omfg

grayson:
im calling you

my phone starts ringing, my face grimacing because of the pain going trough my leg. how am i so clumsy?

i answer the phone.

"hey."

"god, are you okay? what happened?" grayson says from the other side, his voice deep and husky, a layer of concern laced with it.

for a second i forget im supposed to answer, surprised by how low his voice is and i stumble with my words.

"uhm, i was walking home from the store, and i guess i stepped clumsily. i just heard a snap and now i'm literally sitting crying on a side walk, sitting on the floor." i try to keep my voice from shaking, tears falling from my eyes without control. "i couldn't think of anyone else to come and get me."

"hey, its okay, just tell me where you are. i'll come get you."

"okay, im just around the corner from panera, the side where the bakery is." i tell him, sniffling.

"okay, stay there, im coming." he says, shuffling heard in the background.

"okay."

- - -

an hour later and im sitting in the emergency room, waiting for the doctor to come and tell me the results of the x-rays.

"you know, i didnt think i'd be spending our first moments hanging out in the emergency room." grayson speaks up, trying to break the slightly awkward tension.

"im sorry." i laugh. "im just a really clumsy idiot." i say and he chuckles, his lips raising into a small grin.

he looked even more overwhelming in real life, and i couldn't help but catch myself sneaking glances at him every couple seconds.

he was even more good looking in person.

also, taller.

"you are really small in person." he tells me, standing in front of me, as i sit on the small bed bench in the little room. i chuckle and look up at him.

"i was just thinking you're really tall." i admit and he laughs.

"i think you're just really small." he jokes and drops his jacket onto the chair next to where i'm sitting.

"i can still wax your eyebrows, dolan." i squint my eyes and raise an eye brow, my arms crossed across my chest.

he sits down on the chair.

"better?"

"better." i smile. "do you still wanna hang out after this, like we said we would."

"well, someone has to get you home and fed you." he says moving his head, his earring following his movements.

"you're still paying for the pizza." i say and he laughs again.

"if course, babygirl."

hearing him say it was completely different than texting it, and it takes me by surprise a bit. i didn't think he'd be calling me that in real life.

his intense stare sends shivers up my spine and i want to look away but i cant. like i said, everything feels so much different in real life.

i'm almost afraid it wont be the same.

the door opens and both our heads snap to it, cutting the tension, and i clear my throat, smiling at the doctor as he walks in.

"well, looks like you were lucky." he says pinning the x-ray up on a light board and picking up a pencil. "nothing looks to be broken, but you did dislocate your ankle." he says , sitting down on a spinner chair. lit seems it popped back in when you tried to step on it, so it didn't dislocate completely." he explains showing us where it dislocated, on the x-ray. "you'll have to do a couple of weeks of physical therapy and we'll prescribe you some mild pain killers for the next couple days." he spins on his chair, facing us and turning off the light board. "keep your leg high on some pillows, ice it at least three times a day and stay at home for the next week or two, just let the leg rest." the doctor smiles, nodding.

i sigh. "okay."

mom is gonna be so mad.

a couple long minutes later, grayson and i are in the car driving to my place.

"sorry about this again." i start, and grayson turns down the volume of the radio. "i didnt mean for us to meet this way."

"it's fine." he emphases. "besides, my brother went to hang out with his girlfriend and i was left bored at home. i had no other chance." he says, before a smirky grin slips into his lips eyeing me, to see my reaction.

i hit his arm a little and he chuckles wincing, rubbing the area i hit.

"pussy."

——

a bit longer, huh?