Only Friend

Naina's POV
           My hand is alright now, it took two weeks to get completely healed. My mother and Sister were very much worried when I told them that I got hit.

       I got permission from college to rest until my wound is healed.  Though I never wanted to take Leave, Karan forced me to do so.
For God's sake he showed me what real stubbornness is.

     But then again he's so cute innocent, intense and above all he cares for others so much. You know, everyday after college, he'd come to my place and teach me all the lessons that have been taught and make sure I'm alright.
This brings smile on my face.

    He is now the third person whom I cherish a lot after my mother and sister. When I first met him, he was rude to me. But I always believed that it's not the real him and my belief turned out to be right. But I still got a lot to know about him.

"Karan, you know what? You think of yourself as useless. But anyone who knows how good you are, will never want to let you go" I thought to myself.

Today I am going to college, I'm very excited since it's been so long since I last attended the classes. Thanks to Karan, he kept me updated with all the things I've missed.

I entered the class and found Karan sitting in our table. He smiled at me and I returned it. As I was going towards him all the students gathered around me asking me if I was alright. And all of them praised me for saving the forest from the hunters.

"I did nothing much, it was Karan who risked his life for saving the wild animals from those hunters. I just called the Police" I said looking at him while he was shaking his head in no vigorously.

"What? So you mean that unsocial boy who never talks to anyone. Stop joking! He doesn't even have the courage to talk to his classmates, then how could he have done that?" a girl from our class said. I saw Karan's face fade as soon as he heard her say that. Those words must have pained him. I shot her back that

"You only know his outer side but he's different from what you all think about him. And he'll prove it to everyone very soon. I'll help him" I said and left to sit beside Karan. He was still sad.

Karan's POV
        It felt great when Naina stood up for me against everyone in the class. Though I don't like to admit now I consider her as my only true good friend.

      But I don't want her to lose her reputation for me. I can't be selfish. I can't spoil her good name by being with her. She's loved by everyone in the class but not even a single person cares about me. So if she remains with me all the others may start to disregard her.

    I  want my only friend to be happy. So I'll move out of her way. She was sitting beside me. I thought of asking how her hand was now but restrained myself remembering that I don't have any right to be her friend.

"Karan, don't mind them OK! They don't know you at all." I remained silent.

Seeing me silence she tried to change the topic asking
"Do you must have very happy without me for two weeks right?" She asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Yes, now will you please stop disturbing me? I'm not willing to talk to you" I told her rudely though it hurt me to talk to her like that. I ignored her all the day.
I have to do it for her happiness.

But she is not giving up on me, I'm now stuck thinking what to do.

😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞
Sorry guys, I know if this chapter is good or not.
And I can't post often since I have a lot of works and assignments to complete. Forgive me