4

Kristen didn't regret staying at Rob's place for dinner. They had prepared spaghetti. It was Rob's favourite meal - because it was prepared with love and by Kristen's recipe. Nothing was better than her cooking.

"Why didn't you go to a culinary school?", he questioned her as they were dining.

She shrugged, her mouth full of spaghetti alla carbonara. Truth to be told, she had learned how to cook at a young age, her mother believing it would be beneficial for her. It was what won people's hearts, not just her generosity, her talent and her pretty smile. But cooking was not what she wanted to do her whole life. She was born for more than that.

"You know I wanna be more serious about directing and writing movies," Kristen reminded him. Robert couldn't help but be proud of becoming who she wanted to be. He had watched her struggle through her whole youth.

His hand reached to touch her face, which she gladly accepted with a smile, stroking back his fingers.

After dinner, they were on the sofa, listening to the radio, imagining what would happen on the next day. Robert wasn't shy about his affections towards Kristen. She could feel his sneaky arm around her. Just like the old times. He was inviting her to snuggle in his arms. And she wasn't going to reject him. As much as she had tried to forget about him, he was the one who had won her heart and vice versa. It was inevitable for them to be separated any longer.

As they were listening to "L'Amore" by Sonohra, not understanding the beautiful Italian language, there was no single care in the world for them.