...

I started noticing them a year ago, the six-foot rabbits in black suits. They would, and still do, follow me home from school every day. I live in the woods, with my family. They disappear when I get there. These white rabbits, all identical, follow me when I reach the woods. They stand in a line, hiding behind trees as they watch my every move. As if they are too scared to confront me, they peek from behind the trees, knowing that I know. There are seven, maybe. They all have identical suits, faces, height, hell - even how they move is the same. They seem to be getting braver, compared to what used to happen, by this I mean, they would walk beside me from a four tree distance, stopping when I stop, turning when I turn, they'd return the look if I put my eyes on them.

I don't know if they want something from me, but this only happens when I'm alone. I tell them the stories, but of course, no one believes me, why would they? White rabbits in suits? Of course, that's ridiculous. I hear weird noises when they look at me, almost human, but they are technically just human rabbits. Sometimes, their ears will twitch, three - two - one, laughter, from far away, it's quiet but echoey. The ear twitch would start with the first rabbit, thirty seconds later, the next in line's ears twitch, and so on down the line.

The weird lights are most concerning. Warm glows of red, yellow, orange, and - in the scariest cases - purple shine deep in the forest in the night. Their shoes won't make a lot of noise in those days. Yes, their shoes. They rub the grass, making sounds that resemble a rabbit retreating to a bush.

But, as I've said, they've gotten braver. The glows from deep in the forest now shine so bright when I get home late, it's blinding. Their shoes scoff constantly. The worst is that they walk alongside me now, no more than half a foot away from my arm.

And the newest addition, their heads always face me. Their beady red eyes burn deep in me, even when I don't look at them. They avoid obstacles completely without ever looking ahead of them. And the laughs have now turned... into whispers. They seem louder every day. I cry and beg and plead for help. No one listens. They won't listen to me as much as I listen to the whispers.