A New Life

Chapter one

I woke up to a slamming door. I jumped up, ran out my so called "room" and looked out the driveway.

I then ran back and grabbed my Sleeping With Sirens back pack. I threw the small collection of jeans and shirts in the bag. I changed into a loose fitting Black Veil Brides tee and black skinnies.

I walked into the bathroom and looked at my small, frail figure. I had a pale- really pale skin tone. I looked like a vampire.

As I starred at my reflection I noticed my many scars. Most old and faded, and some were new and fresh. Like from last week

I brushed my red and black streaked hair, then teased my hair and fringe. When I finished, I went to look out the door again to make sure no one was home.

'Yes' I thought to myself. 'We can finally leave!'

I ran to my sister Alex's room and I jumped and cheered. "Alex you HAVE to wake up! They are gone! We can leave!" She groaned and looked towards me.

Alex's POV::

I heard someone running to my room. It was probably Shy. She always runs to my room when our parents do something to her. I'm her guardian. But I can't protect her enough.

Our 'Dad' Jeremy always beats us up and rapes us. But I take all the hits and punches from our 'Mom' Kelley. I can't do much about the raping. If I ran to get help they would kill me!

"Alex you HAVE to wake up! They are gone! We can leave!" I heard Shy scream. She seemed oh so happy. 'What the fuck is wrong with her?' I thought to myself.

I groaned and turned over "What Shy?" "They are gone! Go get yourself ready! We are getting the fuck outta here!!" She said with excitement. 'Ugh it's too damn early' I thought. I slowly get up and went to the bathroom.

I grabbed a brush and started brushing my multi coloured hair ( Red roots, then black down until my light blue tips) Shy walks up behind me and places her cold white hands on my shoulders.

"Alex. You are so beautiful. I love you so much." She said with a faint smile. "No. You are Shy." I looked into her piercing blue eyes through the mirror.

"Alex please don't lie." She looked dead serious at this point. "Shy. I am not ha ha. I'm just a faggot. But thanks." I faintly smiled. "Now go get the rest of the shit packed. I'll be done in a few."

Shy's POV::

I bolted to her room and grabbed her plain black bag. I threw her shirts in it, then her jeans, and a few shorts (doubt she'd wear them)

I put mine and hers bracelets in her bad because I had no room left in mine. I finished hers and placed the two bags by the back door. I had this feeling I left something...

My journal.

I did everything in it. I drew in it, wrote poems, and music...Ah there it is. I felt a sigh of relief and grabbed it off my desk. Alex was already standing by the back door. I slipped my red vans on and then heard a familiar noise.. The Durango.