Caught In The Crossfire

PROLOGUE

"Tonight is the night you prove yourself," said my uncle.

Hot tears streamed down my face as My sniffles echo throughout the room. My uncle Garry had a hard look on his face as he looked me in the eyes. I nodded my head slowly, unsure.

"Nina it's time to grow up and make your own money, we've talked about this."

I just nodded my head again. My uncle inhaled then exhaled, frustration painted on his face.

"Now pick your weapon Nina, we leave soon."

With trembling hands I picked up a chrome glock forty. It felt familiar in my hands from training. I thought about actually killing somebody, causing more tears.

I placed the gun back in the case.

"Uncle Garry, I can't do this," I sobbed. "I'm just not ready."

"NINA IM NOT GOING TO SIT HERE AND BULLSHIT WITH YOU ALL NIGHT, GET THE GUN AND LETS GO!"

I jumped from the bass of his voice and quickly snatched up the gun. He started giving orders to the other men about where to go and what to do. I eventually couldn't here a word from the loud beating of my heart.

'Please god, Please!'

I felt my uncle ruff hand wrap around my wrist and pull me out the building.

He leaned down and whispered "Make sure your vest is on securely and, pull down your mask."

I obeyed his orders, walking beside him. All the men and I, loaded into the all black van. My legs shook furiously as my breathing got heavy. The ride felt so short, I wondered if we did eighty the whole way there. Everybody loaded there gun, including me. I pull back the glock, hands shaking like something Serious. As We Hurriedly approach the building my legs felt like jelly. This was it, the day I turn into a killer. My uncle peeped through the window then sent the all clear. Soon the door was being kicked down and we were all running in.

Men from the inside sprung in action immediately. Frightened, I ran to the nearest corner. At the rapid speed my heart was going, I was sure it was to burst. My ears rung out as I heard gunshots going off. I peaked around the corner and gasp at the scene in front of me. Bodies laid scattered all over the floor in there own puddles of blood.

But I had this tingly feeling all through my body. My uncle always said it would work in my favor. But the feeling wouldn't go away. It slid through my body like hot lava. Like a rash itching all over. I slowly turn my head and my breath got caught in my throat.

"What they gotta pretty girl like you.....running around in a place like this."

He was....pretty. So sexy. If he didn't have a gun lodge upside my head, I might have creamed in my panties. He smiled a breathtaking smiled that almost made me want to smile back. If only the situation was different. This wasn't love at first sight. No, this was a drug war and i was stuck in the crossfire.

"I might not kill you, no I might keep you for myself," he stated. He had a smile full of grimace screeched across his face. The one I thought was panty dropping turned completely spine chilling.

'On my god, he's going to rape me.'

Anger mixed with fear bubbled Up inside me. I'd be damned if go out like that. Swiftly I took the same arm he had use to press the gun upside my head, and twisted it behind his back. The gun tumbled to the floor. Before he finish screaming out in pain, I turn it making the bone snap and shot out his skin.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH," he screamed! "I'll Kill you, I'll rape you then I'll kill you!"

With a shaky arm I raised my hand and aimed at his head.

"Me First," I murmured so low, but sure that he could hear me.

His eyes widened as my trigger finger, slowly pulled back.

'POW POW POW'

Three shot rung off, proving his death. My eyes widened as I realized what I Did. I crouched down in the little corner we were smushed in. I slanted my head, checking for any signs of him alive. None......None. I heard my uncle signal for everybody to move out. I shot up and turned, ready to run for the exit. Just as I was about to sprint the rapist hand shot and caught my ankle. My eyes widened as I turned back and looked down. He body still laid stiff, eyes glossed over. I shook my foot out of his grasp....'just a nerve,' I thought.

"NINA," I heard my uncle scream out!

I ran towards him, who was standing In the doorway of the exit.

"Let's go lil girl, you want to get caught?" I shook my head no and ran for the van, jumping In. My Uncle and other loaded up as well. As well pulled off my uncle turned to me grinning.

"You made it out?" I nodded. ",and you killed?" I nodded again.

I never turned to look at my uncle, just questioned "How did you know?"

He let out a throaty laugh, finding it amusing. "Blood all over you, you were close to your victim correct?" I nodded.

He rubbed my back for comfort, that I didn't feel. "Welcome to the team," he congratulated.

My body silently shook from aftershock.

'I shoot somebody....I'm a killer. A killer....'