T H R E E

Carlisle and Lawrence didn't talk much during their journey

Carlisle and Lawrence didn't talk much during their journey. Of course, Carlisle attempted to explain the basics but it fell on uncaring ears. Lawrence was going out of curiosity, and what would the point in going be if he was convinced to leave during the car journey?

Now dressed in his old 'uniform' (which, in his opinion, made him look far more dashing than a suit), Lawrence stepped out of the car. Looking up he saw a modern-looking house. The house seemed to have an impractical amount of glass, all of which he was sure he could break easily. Being the polite person he was, or wasn't, he decided against destroying the house of his host. "You're house is... very modern. I like how much glass there is."

"Thank you, my wife designed it." Carlisle smiled at him kindly, like a puppy in love with another dog's bark. Lawrence nodded and smiled too, but they both knew he didn't care. "If you follow me, we'll go meet the others. I hope you don't mind, but my wife doesn't really want all your weapons in the house."

Lawrence shot him a look.

"If you could just leave them in my study, that would be greatly appreciated." It was said like a suggestion, but Lawrence knew what he meant.

'My family and I aren't comfortable having an armed, human-drinking criminal in our house, but we need you to help fight and then we hope we'll never have to see you again.'

Fortunately for the 'Cullens', Lawrence respected their dislike and distrust. They walked into the house, and the first room on the left was a small study. The two men walked in and Lawrence began to unload his weapons onto the table. Gun, dagger, gun, swords, gun, gun, bullets, knife - as he continued to place down his weapons, Carlisle stared in strange fascination, wondering where he had stored all of these life threatening tools.

"That's it." He announced, feeling a lot lighter without the death machines strapped to his body. Lawrence wasn't lying, he had removed all of his weapons and felt slightly naked because of it. Not that being naked was a problem for him - he was all too used to being in that position - but the term was meant to show his vulnerability.

The weapons and their holders littered the desk and the Captain felt proud of himself. Guns and swords, both old and new, were well looked after.

"So?" The undead Captain grinned, arms spread wide. "Let's meet the family."

Carlisle gulped, finally doubting his decision to bring the madman near his family - but if there was a battle, as some of them had feared, then he knew it would be a worthwhile choice. The vampire shot him a small smile, "Right this way."

Lawrence was led into a living room, holding a large number of vampires listening to a pale, little girl play piano. The notes were smooth, but hesitant as she glanced at one particular vampire duo.

When the melody ended, and everyone (including Lawrence) clapped, they turned to face the newcomers. A warm smile graced the faces of very few vampires when faced with this new addition.

It seemed that perhaps now was the opportune time for an introduction. "This is Lawrence Oliver, he's here to help-"

Lawrence interrupted them, not wanting to show that he may have cared. "With fighting the Volturi. Preferably."

Two vampires, looking rather bored by the whole situation, perked up slightly and grinned. "We'll look after him." The two sped up, either side of him. One, the blonde, laid a hand on his shoulder. "Come my friend!" The other exclaimed in a thick Romanian accent as they led him out of the house, leaving behind a large amount of displeased looks.

*****
632 words.

Look! There! A rare creature called an Update is here!
How strange...

(apparently this chapter didn't upload properly, sorry, I think it's just Wattpad being weird though)