chapter 1

my friends my family they helped me forget the devil inside but who am I kidding? I was born to kill! The bit about my sword, that "means of justice" stuff? I guess I just needed something to keep "the Ripper in check when I was knee-deep in bodies..."
-raiden

7 year old (Y/N) Pov

I was at home waiting for mom to come back her and dad left to go on a mission and I was home by myself well I wouldn't say that the neighbours would come check up on me time to time it was taking to long so I decided to go to bed but as I was in my room. I heard the front door open so I ran down to see if there back yet but when I got there all I saw was my dad.

(Y/n): dad where's mom?

Dad just looks at me then the floor before he said.

(F/n): s..she didn't make it back sorry (Y/n).

As he said that I can feel my heart break.

(Y/n): n..n..no your ling!

I ran out the front door to go look for her as I run I entered a forest but I don't look were I was I just kept on run and run till I of out of breath and I look around and see a puddle of blood then when I look up I see that it leads some were I was scared but followed it. and what I seen was not what I want to I saw a Grimm attacking someone it scenes my fear and look at me it was a beowolf it growled at me before it jumps I close my eyes and wait for it to hit me but nothing happens so I open my eyes and see it was stopped in mid air but slowly coming at me.

(Y/n): I guess this my semblance I can slow down time but I don't know how long and I need to find a weapon.

I look around and see a stick so I pick it up.

(Y/n): better than nothing.

I hit the beowolf over and over till it was dead.

(Y/n): that felt good. wait what am I saying?

I shook my head and go to the person to see who it was and I can't believe who it was it wasn't my mom but one of my neighbours it was summer and i go over to her and talk to her.

(Y/n): hey talk to me you have to make it come on talk to me please.

I then see that the beowolf bit her side so I put pressure on that side of her then she look at me and started to talk

Summer: oh h..h.hey j..jack t..tell R..Ruby I'm sorry.  (A/n: she calls you jack like qrow calls ruby kid)

(Y/n): no you tell her that yourself when we get back come you have to come back what about yang tai and Ruby you can't go come on I'll help you up.

I get her up to her feet and we walk a little way home but summer falls to the ground.

(Y/n): come on you can make it I know you can!

Summer: (Y/n) will you do me one favor will you protect Ruby and the overs for me?

I started to cry but I wiped the tears away and give a small sad smile.

(Y/n): sure anything else?

Summer: just one promise me you be the best huntsman you can.

(Y/n): deal just don't die ok.

As I said this she smiled and close her eyes .

(Y/n): no don't close your eyes keep them open we're almost there came on don't do this to me you were like a second mom I can't lose both of you come on open your eyes damn it.

I grab her hand and her hand is cold I let go of her hand and say I will be right back and head back home but I go to get tai I knock on the door till tai answered he see that my eyes are all red from crying.

Tai: what's wrong (Y/n)?

(Y/n) : it's summer she g..g..gone.

Tai look shock then sad he asked he were she is I said follow me and he did when we got there he saw her and went to her body then he ask.

Tai: did she say anything before she died.

Tai look down waiting for a answer I was looking down to till I looked up to him and said.

(Y/n): yeah she told me to tell you Ruby and yang that she was sorry and I made a promise two actually the first is to protect Ruby and yang the second was to be the best huntsman I can be.

I started to walk away but was stopped but tai .

Tai: where are you going?

(Y/n): Train I can't be the best huntsman if I don't.

And with that I walk away.

(A/n: that's it I hope you like a Nd sorry if it's short and in next you'll go to atlas and you'll be known as jack and if you don't like how I'm writing this story or were its going don't be a dick and don't read it but for those who like the story I love you guy and till the next update bye)
(A/n: PS I don't own rwby or the video used)