Prologue

The room was dimly lit and disturbingly damp, hooded figures seeming to exchange heated words while one held a bundled package within their arms. Tears were being shed by the figure with the bundle, the one without simply becoming louder. Dust trickled to the floor as a loud sound came from above the two, the one with the bundle gasping in utter horror as the other tried to silence them.

"Please, Xexil! Take the child, I haven't much time. They will find what I've done and will murder all three of us once they meet us. Run, run far away!" stated a panicked, gentle voice. The figure quickly looked up at another stomp, their hands going up over their mouth. "Kuron, we took in this child together! We were supposed to raise it together!" A tougher voice snapped, though its owner tried to quiet itself down as loud murmurs sounded above them. "This is my fate, and mine alone. Now go!" The more gentle figure pushed the taller, liquid hitting the floor as it dripped from the ceiling. The taller hesitated, then growled and turned before taking off with the cape of its cloak fluttering behind it.

Xexil didn't look back, disappearing into the darkness that swallowed him as he returned to his large room in one of the houses outside Lucifer's palace. He refused to turn back, even as the sound of his lover's way cry, and the echo of a bullet chased after his sanity. The demon refused to let his sadness pull him to stop, because he needed to get his child to a safe place. The boy was destined to leave Hell, to leave Lucifer's army, and raise an angel to go against his origins. This little creature wrapped in blankets, was meant for so much more than Xexil ever was. This was Nathaniel Singeheil, adopted child of Xexil Singeheil and Kuron Freexit. He, demon born of fire and destruction, was to be the downfall of Lucifer's reign and the Heavens' worst enemy.

A bringer of chaos, and the destructor of worlds.