Paint.

"I want you to visit the museum and pick a paint to answer to all the questions asked."
Perrie nods her head to show that she understands the requests of her art teacher. Her group of friends is scattered in the museum. She looks all around her, her notebook in her folded arms. She surveys all parts of the establishment separated by painters. She knows several that she is already studying. She sees two of her classmates working on the same canvas. The young blonde stops in front of an abstract painting. She looks around and sits down on the floor against the opposite wall. She looks at the work in front of her for a long time. A mixture of different grey with violet and blue shades to the right of a black spot in the center. Yellow horizontal spots are on the left. She goes cross-legged to put her notebook on her lap. Her eyes go back and forth between her questions and the subject. She is so focused on her duty that she does not notice that at the other end of the room, the author of the work looks at her. The brunette seems happy that someone takes time for one of her paintings. So she sits down and takes out her drawing book. She looks at the student a long time before putting her pencil on her white paper. Forms are drawn, a face appears. Still rough, but Jade, the painter, is satisfied. She continues with the hair and the top of the bust. But Perrie is stopped by one of her comrades and arranges her business. Jade tries to hurry to finish, but the blonde leaves, almost fleeing. Jade is disappointed at not having the time to finish and give her drawing. She decides to put away her things. She looks at her drawing. There is something wrong. The black and white drawing is too sad, unlike the face she saw a few minutes ago. She takes out a blue pencil, similar to an ocean blue. She colours the eyes and smiles, finally satisfied.

Once home, the young artist seems relieved of the day. For once, she could see someone working on her board. All that Jade wants is to be known. She would like to be exhibited in the biggest museums and live from her paintings. For now, she lives in a small studio. Big enough to store her paintings. She gets rid of her bag and its contents. She takes her drawing book as well as her pencils and throws herself on her bed. She turns the pages until the drawing of the blonde seen in the afternoon. She snatches the page and displays it on her wall among other unfinished drawings of people she thought she would see again one day.

The next day, Jade wakes up and looks straight to her last drawing. Lights come through her curtains, noticing her it's time to get up. She takes her paper off the wall, she didn't say her last word. A coffee, a shower, her bag, she leaves her house and goes to the museum. She goes to where she was yesterday, sits down and waits. From the bottom of her heart, she's hoping her muse will come today. But the minutes turn into hours and her determination seems to end. All blonde women are subject to inspection. Jade looks at her phone to check the time. When she looks up, the young blonde is sitting in the same place as yesterday. A ball forms suddenly in the belly. A smile comes on her face. She gets up and moves slowly towards her admirer. She sits next to her. The blonde looks at her and smiles.

"Studies ?" Perrie asks.

"Hmm, no."

Perrie looks at the painting again. Jade looks at her carefully. The slightest frown of eyebrows, the slightest trace of incomprehension, she sees them all.
"I'm Jade Thirlwall."
"I'm Perrie."
The girls look at each other, then Jade looks at her work of art.
"I'm the girl who paints that."
"Really ?"
"Yes. I'm a beginner."
"That's beautiful. I don't really understand a thing but yeah, it's really beautiful."
They laugh. Jade feels blessed by her words. The brunette looks at Perrie's notebook.
"Studies ?"
"Exactly. We have some questions to answer about a paint we choose. I choose yours and I'm on it since-"
"Yesterday." Jade smiles. "I saw you."
Perrie looks down, intimidated.
"We have a week to do this work. I think I'll come every day." She laughs. But when Perrie laughs, the whole world brightens up.
"What about...helping me become more known and I help you with your homework ?"
Jade reaches out to Perrie to sign the deal. The blonde looks at her hand, her painting, her hand for a long time. The two hands tied, the girls are satisfied with their deal. Suddenly, Jade remembers her drawing as she removes her bag from her shoulders, pulls out a pocket where the drawing is.
"Don't be mad at me but yesterday, while you were dealing with your work, I draw you."
She gives her drawing to Perrie who looks at her. She takes it, embarrassed. She seems to really impress.
"Thank you. That's very beautiful. I'm impressed."
Jade becomes very shy but Perrie is too focused on the beautiful details of the drawing to notice it.