Chapter 1: Tardiness and Surprise Portals

Proctore was waiting at the Bunker, and had started getting worried about Prentiss. She was late, and Prentiss was never late. He was startled by the opening of a portal behind him and the sudden voice from nowhere. Turning to see who had come, he saw Karmen.

"Karmen?! What are you doing here?" Proctore asked in his native language, obviously startled.

"There was portal energy, i cam to find Prentiss. Sorry for startling you Proctore." Karmen apologised to the robin.

"Well, Prentiss is abnormally late for meeting me here, and I can't tell where she is either. Also, that's alright." Due to Proctore and Prentiss' special connection, as long as the corresponding Prentiss and Proctore where in the same dimension, they could find each other unless something found a way to interfere with the two of them.

"Murphy started acting up, so I came to see if you two were ok." Karmen explained.

"Well, judging by the fact that I don't know where Prentiss is, and she is abnormally late, I am worried for her..." Proctore said, the worry also evident in his voice.

"Come on, Murphy sensed portal gun activity, I swear all hell is gonna break loose if I find my Prentiss in the hands of another Karmen." KArmen growled, surprising Proctore slightly.

"I think all hell will break loose if we find Prentiss in the hands of anyone else. Or claws, or whatever they might have instead." Proctore agreed with her. KArmen growled again, and opened another portal. "Where are we headed?"

"Out." Was all he got in reply. Deciding not to push it, he landed on Karmen's shoulder, and they both left through the portal.