Prologue

"Long ago, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And darkness was born in their hearts. The darkness spread, swallowing the light and many people's hearts. It covered everything, and the world disappeared. But small fragments of light survived, in the hearts of children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world. It's the world we live in now. But the true light sleeps, deep within the darkness. That's why the worlds are still scattered, divided from each other. But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will open and the true light will return. So, listen, child. Even in the deepest darkness, there will always be a light to guide you. Believe in the light, and the darkness will never defeat you. Your heart will shine with its power and push the darkness away."

There were five foretellers, and five different unions. We can't forget the Book of Prophecies. Anyway, the five different leaders name, and the groups they were in charge of looking after, are Master Ava of the Vulpes, Master Invi of the Anguis, Master Gula of the Leopardos, Master Aced of the Ursus, and Master Ira of the Unicornis. With this out of the way, we can get to the beginning of the boy named Nion.

Nion, a rather quiet and... Somewhat emotionless kid, can't forget mysterious too, was alone. He was rather strong but not strong enough to his liking. He preferred to be all alone too. Ah right, his appearance was rather... Intriguing. He had black hair, with rabbit ears, which is also technically part of his hair too. On top of that hair was a crown. For bottoms and shirts, he had that of a devious duke with a... Devious looking tail. His eyes were purple and they just shined brightly. His Chirithy, practically his guide, has been with him ever since day one, just fighting against the darkness yet using it too through a process called guilt. That's a story for another time, though. This Keyblade wielder used the Stroke of Midnight first, then went to Fairy Stars, still faring well for himself. Ah, along with the Chirithy was a Spirit, a pet that aids you in battle. His was in the style of a pup, even though he wanted it in the style of a bunny. A bunny? Yes, a bunny. That doesn't suit him? Maybe it doesn't, maybe it does. The thing with Nion though, he recently left a group known as Vulpine Children. Built some bonds with some of the members and assisted them on some quests. The trials were difficult but enjoyable as well. But he departed from the group, telling them it was his time to leave and I quote, "N-no, it's not like I was getting bored! I promised a friend I'll make my own group for me and him... About last week. And since I'm stronger, I want to see how far I'll get along with him. That's all. Maybe one day, we'll encounter each other again. Oh, don't forget to check the leaderboards either... I'll definitely be up there this time." How old was Nion, exactly? He was 15, yet seemed older than he actually was. That's just a sign of his maturity and all that good stuff.

{Current}
He was already recruiting people for the group, but to no avail. Leaning against the fountain, he looked up at the sky, questioning himself aloud. "So... I wonder where things will start once things get moving. I'll get us up there... To be recognized... But we'll work as a team to do this. I'll go it alone if I have to... But not without him at least."
There were footsteps heard and it was pretty obvious too since it was a couple minutes after Nion spoke. Suddenly they stopped and Nion opened his eyes, laughing a bit. "It took you long enough, buddy." The other boy smiled and put a hand on his shoulder before replying, "I know, I know... Just had to make a few preparations! Oh yeah, I brought my brother along too so count him in too," he said. "Your... Brother? Oh, him! We all hung out at some point in time. Guess this means we can finally start the new group then, right Rox... And Layton?"
Both of them nodded in agreement.
"Alright, so the only thing is that we all have to be active. That's all we really have to do to get up on top. Anyway, I'll search for people to invite but first, I'll just hang up some flyers," Nion said, walking off as he took some paper out from his coat which said, Connection X Recruiting! New group filled with some awesome people! He smiled and started to hang the papers all around Daybreak Town, hoping people would at least be interested in joining besides flat out ignoring the paper. That was his only fear of this. But, if no one joined and it was just the three of them, he'll gladly put in as much effort as possible to keep the team going. Countless hours, days and so on. He wouldn't mind fighting raid bosses for endless amounts of days either. That's how determined he was. Nion wanted to be at the top. It was a necessity for him. Though, he wanted to avoid falling into Darkness for certain reasons. If he did, he'll lose his Chirithy and Spirit. Basically everything. Once you fall into Darkness, your Chirithy will become something known as, Nightmares. Then most importantly, you'll lose your heart since you've been struck down. Nion already knew all of this so he was cautious. Everything was going as planned so far. As of now, he was on the safe route, and was nowhere near power hungry for... Lux. In other words, light. Rox and Layton were on the same page. This is the beginning of Connection X. This is their story.