~Happy Birthday~

Eve was reading quietly, she had recently finished a duel against long time friend and rival Seto Kaiba, she was in need of some rest and peace from such a hard duel. She closed up her book, deciding to take a nap when a knock was heard on the door to her apartment. She sighs, rubbing her eyes tiredly as she answers the door. Her brain almost shut down at what she saw, she thought she was hallucinating. Yami Marik or Mariku as she called him was standing in the doorway, his purple eyes peering into her cold blue eyes. He was holding an array of bright and colorful balloons that each said happy birthday on them.

   "I... Um is this is a dream?! This totally can't be real..." Eve says staring in disbelief. Her hands mess with the sleeves of her shirt as she waits for Yami Marik to respond. Yami Marik began letting out some chuckles.

   "Oh my dear Eve Pegasus, this is quite real, oh yes it is~" He says smoothly, his eyes intensely staring into hers. He sets the balloons down as he walks in and sits down on one of Eve's chairs, shutting the door behind him as Eve just blinks before rubbing her eyes again.

   "So you're telling me that you're here just to be nice and celebrate my birthday with me? That you have no other motives like I don't know, sending me to the shadow realm or killing me, or something else?" Eve asks curiously, her blue eyes lighting up in wonder before seeing Yami Marik nod in response.

   "Yes, well you're pretty much my only friend, and one of the only people who doesn't tell me to fuck off when I go near them so I thought I could celebrate your birthday with you, especially since everyone else forgot." He says a bit embarrassed though towards the end bitter towards the people who forgot her birthday.

   Eve looks down, it was true, everyone except her father had forgotten her birthday, she had a duel with Seto, hoping he'd remember sincd dbr sbd Seto had been friends for years, but he hadn't even mentioned it.

   "I... Thank you for remembering it, almost everyone else forgot and it really hurt." She says looking up at him, her blue eyes shining with tears that had began to form.

   Yami Marik grabs a tissue, his usually rough touch gently wiping away the tears from his friend's eyes. He pulls her into a rather tight hug and holds her close.

   "Someone like you shouldn't be crying, especially not on your birthday." He says softly as he pulls her close, his left hand gently stroking her hair in comfort as his right wraps around her waist tightly.

   "I... I... Thank you Mariku, this means so much to me. I know you're not exactly the biggest fan of love and affection so this mean a lot to me." Eve says softly, a small smile gracing her face as she nuzzles her head gently into his chest. Her arms wrap around his waist gently as she cuddles into the man gently.

   "You're welcome... I owe you this much, you're the only person who ever truly accepted me for me, I could in return give you one good day a year." He says softly,a genuine smile across his face instead of a psychotic one.

  Eve pulls herself up so she'd be face to face with Yami Marik, his arms wrapping around his neck gently as she peers into his eyes. She leans in and gives him a gentle and loving kiss before pulling away.

   Yami Marik blinks, utter confusion shown across his entire face. He was so surprised, Eve Pegasus just kissed him. The only woman to truly accept him, one he loved with all his heart though afraid to admit it had just kissed him.

   "I... Did you just kiss me?!" He asks jumping up, though he caught Eve before she could fall and get hurt on the ground, his eyes wide in surprise.

   Eve blushes embarrassed but nods. Her blue eyes looking into his lovingly. She wraps her arms around his neck again as she looks at him.

   "Yes I did, I love you Mariku, you're not the psycho everyone thinks you are. You have psychotic tendencies don't get me wrong, but you're not a pyschopath, if you were you wouldn't be able to care about me the way you do."

   A dark blush spread across Yami Marik's face, his heart pounding fastly, Eve loved him too, that's all be wanted. He pulls Eve close and kisses her deeply and lovingly before gently pulling away, leaving a slightly flustered Eve.

   "I love you too Eve Pegasus, and I plan to show you that everyday from now on, until I no longer am able to show you how much I love you." He says holding her close as he nuzzles her gently.

   Eve smiles softly, cuddling into him happily. Her small body compared to his cuddled into him perfectly.

   "Thank you for making this the best birthday I could ask for." Eve says softly before finally falling asleep in his arms, exhausted, though at least she fell asleep in his arms instead of in her bed like she was going to right before Yami Marik knocked on the door, had she went to bed just a few minutes earlier or ignored the knocking, and wouldn't have found out Yami Marik loved her the way she loved him.

Eve_Underwood Happy Birthday my friend, I hope it's wonderful and that you enjoyed this one shot!