00

jeon jungkook

_______

"i swear! i'll be home soon... so please, don't be mad..." i begged over the phone, my palms sweating as my girlfriends angry voice boomed from the speaker.

omce she hung up, i made my way into the small convenience store on the side of the road. as always, the same emotionless girl stood at the cash register.

without a word, her eyes followed me as i blindly grabbed random snacks. as i took my sweet time to walk to the register, the cashier had quickly scanned the items.

"that'll be $21.89 today," her words sounded flat to me. i gave her the money, getting a few nickels back in change.

"um- so... can i actually, uh... stay here for a while?" i asked nervously. she seemed to shrug mindlessly as she sat down in a chair, reading a fairly large book.

the rain seemed to never stop as time passed awkwardly and slowly before my phone rang, breaking the somewhat peaceful silence.

i answered the phone quickly as my heart rate accelerated. "yeah! i'll be home soon, sooyoung-ie," i muttered, rushing out the door.

i raced back to the apartments that i had been staying at. "i know i'm late, i-i had a long day at work," i quickly lied.

i heard fast footsteps down the narrow stairs, and a sharp sting on my cheek. without hesitation, she screamed at me about how i shouldn't be late again.

_________

myungju
_________

he seemed odd.

i sighed for the thousandth time the past few hours. no customers came at this time other than a few gangsters.

i put down my book and stared at the pouring rain; listening intently to the relaxing sound.

"hey! myungjuuuuu! wake the hell up! your shift is over!" jisoo's annoyingly high pitched voice yelled in my ear.

"are you crazy? why i-" i began to argue back before realizing my shift was over. i ran out of my chair and straight to my car, trying to be quicker than the rain.

once i got in, i drove to my small house. poor momo! i bet she's hungry.

as i made my way in, i flung my shoes off and let them land wherever. i immediately filled momos bowl of cat food, opening the sliding door for her to come in.

instead of just momo, a few other cats came in. i hope yeseul doesn't mind.

i grabbed an extra brush and smoothed down their matted fur, smiling ever so slightly at the small animals.

i closed the sliding door and walked up the stairs. "eunjae, there are a few more cats here. don't forget to tell the others," i spoke through the door.

i made my way down the hall before reaching my own room. i opened the door, and leaped onto my bed. i closed my eyes and quickly drifted to sleep.

_________

a lot of ppl make these type of au but i mean oh well