Chapter 1: Summer Plan

"Let's get a piñata that looks like Toxsa." Ceylan suggested.

"Hell no!" Toxsa snorted at the boy across from him. "I though this was suppose to be my birthday."

Everyone laughed at the conversation being held. They were sitting inside the diner that evening to plan out something to do on Toxsa's birthday.

Golden sunlight filtered through the blinds despite the late hours. It was empty in there without the Dalton family working. Although, the ceiling fan was whirring instead of air conditioners. Without having the air conditioning turned on, they stuck to wearing a light set of clothing. As well as to helping themselves with the ice cream in the freezer.

"That's going to be expensive anyways." Beni held out her spoon, taking another bite from the sundae. "Can't really have that, can we?"

"Yeah, not really the best idea to get a piñata that looks like you." Guren agreed. "This isn't really a birthday party."

"C'mon it was just a joke!" The bluenette nudged at his friend. "I know that we aren't ten-year-olds."

"No, I think you're still ten." Gen commented and then everyone stifled a laugh. "And Toxsa as well."

"Hey!" Everyone exploded in a fit a giggles at that final comment as the gamer started to retort in annoyance.

"Hey, I think that I have an idea." Chooki spoke up, waiting for the laughter to die down. "Why not stay at the beach house up north?"

"Chooki, that's seriously sounds more expensive than the piñata—"

"Nope, it isn't! Because Ceylan here has a relative to lend us the house!" The blonde grinned and pointed fingers at the mentioned person.

"Don't look at me like that." Ceylan muttered, staring daggers at him. "It's not that great, I've seen it myself."

"It's cheap." Beni said.

"It's as old as Mr. White!" He exclaimed.

"Why mention it to Chooki then?" The redhead asked. In response, his friend paused and closed his eyes.

"It's... because... Chooki..." His blue eyes adverted in back and forth motion. "...wanted to go fishing."

"Really?" The gamer lowered his brow at the boy across from him. "Really?"

"Uh... yeah." Ceylan answered and winced.

"It's cheap! I'm takin' it!" Toxsa slammed his hand on the counter and everyone raised up glasses of ice cream.

O~O

Chooki had to drive through the narrow roads since he was the only one with a license. That being said, he wasn't really suppose to drive around any passengers since he was only eighteen and new to it. However, he was the only who looked mature and old enough to know what he's doing. While Beni insisted on driving, no one wanted to get caught up with the law.

...Even though most of them basically lied to their parents about having someone drive them there. No one should be doing this, but they have an excuse that both Gen and Beni have already know what they're doing in these situations. Plus, it would have been a pain to have anyone else on their backs during this trip.

"You guys might have to clean out the house first, it's been a long time since it was actually a place to live in." Ceylan said.

"I've seen worse." Beni stated. "I doubt that it'll be horrible."

"Why did we bring her along?" He said, pointing a finger at her.

"Because we're all friends." Guren gave the most obvious answer.

"She better not—" He began.

"Not what?" She interrupted. "It's not like I'm a serial killer."

The entire car fell silent at her last sentence. Country music played throughout the car. No one had anything to comment on her part. After some time of the country radio, Chooki rolled down the windows and a gust of salty air blew into the car.

"Hey guys, what did the wall say to the wind?" Ceylan broke the ice and everyone groaned. "Wind-ow!"

O~O

After cleaning out the house and organizing, everyone spent the night to plan for their friend's birthday. The next day, they celebrated with a barbecue and presents. After that, they spent the next few days to enjoy themselves and have fun in certain places.

"So why didn't you want anybody to know about this place?" Beni leaned against the doorway, her arms crossed.

"Because it's none of your business in the first place. Plus, why are you asking this now?" Ceylan gave an irritated look at the girl. He stuck the toothbrush back in his mouth and hoped she would go away. But he knew that she wouldn't leave and tried to ignore her.

"Well, it looks like Chooki knows what's going on with you. But he doesn't actually know either." She looked at the mirror.

"Ha! I doubt you'll ever find out then, because I'm not saying a single word—"

"Guren."

He spat into the sink and turned to her with a horrified look. Slowly, he closed the door on her as if to say that this conversation never happened.

"I was literally guessing it." She stated with a confused look.