I'll Be Seeing You

I took the wrong turn, I know.

I had to take DUNBAR street, not DUCANE street, I know.

I should have been more careful of the man I saw at the end of the street, I know.

I will never be the same, I know.

----------------------------------------------

It was a usual night. I had been invited to my friend Delilah's house and I was walking to it. It was getting late so there wasn't much light. I saw the "Dun" and took the street. I thought it was weird. Her house was a very bright yellowish-green, but on this street there were no houses like that.

The man at the end of the street made me feel weird. There wasn't anybody else out there. The man wasn't smoking a cigarette or had a dog or anything- so there was no apparent reason for him to be outside on a very quiet street.

I ignored him and went to walk by him- I had to find Delilah's house.

As I walked by him, he grabbed my arm. I tried to shake him off but he twisted my arm and got me to my knees.

He grabbed my hair and pulled me into a nearby house, presumingly his.

He held my hair back, exposing my neck, and slit it. I was dead the second I hit the ground.

"Unprovoked killing" was what the cops called it. They suspected drugs were involved, due to the pair of shoes found just a block down the road handing from telephone wires.

After he killed me, I remember KNOWING I was dead but not FEELING dead.

I don't know how I knew I was dead, I just did.

The man took my body, quietly dragged me out his back door, and loaded me in a truck parked in the back.

He drove off with my body and burned it in a very quiet field in the middle of nowhere. He drove into the trees, parked the car, and scrubbed it clean of fingerprints and blood.

I was in that... "state"... for what felt like forever. The sun had already been up for some time before I was suddenly involuntarily moved. I was at Delilah's front door, watching her hysterically talk with a 911 operator on the phone. I couldn't really make out what she was saying. Her mother was on her cell phone making calls to my family. "Mrs. Tabor?" was all I kept hearing.

I kept waking around trying to get their attention. All I could do was mess around with objects- not people. I had somehow made some paper fly across the room, but they didn't notice. I got a pen and some paper and tried to write something. Slowly but surely, I got something down. "I'm Dead" was what I could get. I made it fly to Delilah, right in front of her feet.

She read it, and was brought to her knees. Then, the police showed up and immediately searched the area and got what they could out of Delilah and her mom, which was nothing.

I guess it was up to me to supply the answers.