When we fall

She was there, quiet as death. A long, covering dress of velvet barely showed Lily's figure as she moved gracefully along side her mother. Alex, Lily's mother, a small, normal looking woman, was dressed in a swaying knee-long skirt colored red and a tank top colored black. Her pixie-bob bounced lightly with every step, and the pale rose color of her soft hair seemed to glow in the fading light. She had to walk quickly to keep pace with her seemingly ever-growing daughter. Lily most certainly had taken more to her father's side with her blue-black eyes, sad face, broad shoulders, well carved rib cage, dark black hair, awkward height, and of course, her cold snake eyes. 

Lily looked like a tall statue of a well shaped lady, at least for those from Anisio,  her snake eyes seeming to shatter through bravery without any effort at all. Her long, river-like black hair fell far to hiss against her knees if she were to let it down. She didn't laugh, that was unheard of after she turned seven. She had a perfect little button nose, and cute little ears. She had a infinite supply of smiles, smirks, and voices of course and yet she liked her sad face and a calm voice that fell lavishly to the floor in a soft whisper. Lily was a master piece, to her mother at least, a fine creation between normal and not. She had learned the craft of her father and her mother, this was pleasing to them both. Lily lived up to her name and to her gender, it was just perfect. To her parents at least.

She, unlike her loving mother, found her self riddled with imperfections. From her light freckles that showed up when she blushed, to her shape. She found her eyes to be 'too small and dark', she found her flesh 'too fair'. She found her body to be 'unnatural', she found her eyebrows 'too thin' though she never tried to mess with them. She found her existence to resemble that of a ravens, simple and unnecessary. She found her self to be a waste of space. Lily could always find the smallest of mistakes and tear her self to nothing over them. Her heart was soft but encased in a thousand vaults that increased in difficulty the closer you got. If eyes are windows into the soul, she would not have one, for all that is there is a dark and sad emptiness, maybe even a few cobwebs. Enough about her though, she hates to be known. 

Lily and Alex grew closer to the large, beautiful school. It had two stories and looked like a mansion both inside and out, save for the desk filled classrooms. They found their way inside and to the principal's office which reminded Lily of a coffin. It was a small, compact room, and it felt stuffy with it's windowless walls and dim interior. The principal was a man with a keen eye. Those eyes, the color of dawn, traced figures and sized people up. He looked at Alex. 

"So," his voice groaned like an old door opening. "What's your name young miss? Let's see if we can find you in here." He opened his book to the list of new students. "Actually, Lily, my daughter, is the one you should be talking to." Alex stated with a soft chuckle. "Huh, what." He looked at Lily then back at Alex. He squinted trying to see Lily's face better through the darkness that seemed to take her as part of it's own self. "Huh, I thought you were an illusion, pardon my old eyes, young miss." He smiled softly at Lily who smiled kindly in return.

"That's alright, it is quite dark in here." Lily whispered trying to make her self heard without getting too loud. "Alright, let's see, if I caught that right then your name is Lily, yes?" He began flipping through the pages looking for the L section. "Yes, that is correct." Lily whispered again. "Good, because I already found you. Oh!" He looked up at Lily with a little blissful surprise in his eyes. "You're a new comer aren't you? We haven't had a new person to the system in...er..hm, yes, quite the while now! Welcome! You're gonna die. Have a good life while it lasts here, young lady!" He tipped his hat and Lily shifted her weight to her left leg. "It'll do some good to know the rules here, and if you need some help, I'll be right here." He chuckled mischievously. "I'll remember that, thank you." He snorted and looked back down at the paper. "Got your papers?" "Right here." "All of them?" "Yes, sir." "Good! Gimme them." He held out his hand and Lily handed him all 30 pages of her papers from her side bag. Her side bag was black and basically never left her side.