Chapter 1 dear diary

Dear diary today is the start of a new life I may or may not be getting into gifted Pegasus Academy they are sending a letter today I really hope that I will . So I told the mail mare to come early today because she's usually always late and it's around 12:00 right now but the mail is supposed to get here around 4:00 so I have about four hours until I know for sure if I get in or not. I have four sisters not counting my sister in law and one brother and a niece only one sisters lives with me and her name is Amethyst Star. Oh I almost forgot to tell you my name my name is Moon Ruby.
       It's finally 4:00 and the mail mare came!
She dropped off the mail and left to the next house. I opens the letter and told my parents and sister to come so I can read the letter to them I got all excited and started reading aloud.
Dear Moon R. Ruby
       I Professor Raven would like to tell you that you did not make it into the GPA/Gifted Pegasus Academy. But here are some other Academy's that would love to have you as a student.
      Talent Pony Academy TPA
      Music Magic MM
      Star Works SW
      Magic Arts MA
      Rainbow Factory Academy RFA
      Cutie Mark Magic CMM
            - Professor Raven

       I got all teary eyed when they said I would not be attending GPA. I knew I would not go to the Rainbow Factory Academy Because of the rumors on how they make rainbows. I decided on Magic Arts/MA because I got my cutie mark from panting. most ponies think it's mixing colors but it was me turning colors when panting, I know it's crazy!
       It's finally the first day at the academy! I got my room all set up and I know where all my classes are I don't know who my roommate is yet but I can't wait to meet her. I wonder what she's like? We got a decent size room about 20 by 20 feet we do have to share the room though but that's fine as long as she's nice.
       Ok so I just met my roommate her name is Zero she is a white Pegasus with ombré hare it's pink, purple, and blue and she has a yellow star with stripes as her cutie mark . She is in almost all my classes and she's really nice and funny. Today we are hanging out at a ice cream shop that she told me about after class!
       So we dropped our stuff off at the room and grabbed our money. We got our ice cream and sat down. Not even ten minutes after we sat down a grey colt with a blue and dark green mane trotted threw the door with his work outfit. I didn't pay to much attention until I saw his crow and heart cutie mark my heart was racing because that's the same exact cutie mark as my ex-colt friend then I realized that he was my old colt friend!
        Zero asked "what's wrong" because I was staring off into space and thinking.
       I told her that "he's my ex- colt firend, and that we only broke up because he moved." After we were done Zero left and I went up and looked at his name tag and it said crow. Now there's no doubt it's him. I said "hay crow."
       He didn't look up from the computer and said can I help you?
       I said "so you don't remember me?"
       He looked up and said with a surprised look on his face "Moon?"
     "That's my name don't wear it out!" I laughed. We talked for awhile and ate ice cream again I'm basically a bottomless pit ha ha ha!