PART 1

AN: This is the mother story that inspired my one-shot, Transcend. But this is of course, a very different one. For one, that is angst. This is far lighter than that one. You can consider this... cute.

Or not.

BTW, I used this story for another fandom, which is why I wasn't able to post it. But it's originally for MaiChard so I figured it's only fair that I post this for its original fandom.

This story is ALREADY complete. Expect a finished story in probably two weeks. 

So here you go. Unedited still.

---000---

Maine Mendoza tries to suppress the shiver that runs down her spine as she continues to write the story she's hearing straight from the cold mouth.

"And then I tried to seduce him, but his eyes were focused only on his plate of Gyoza! I was wearing candy underwear then, but he preferred his Gyoza! I hated him that time!"

Maine nods sympathetically. Sympathy is something she's mastered since she decided on her career. The man sitting on front of her seems empowered by her reaction that he becomes more enthusiastic on his next account of his experiences with his ex-lover.

"Is there anything Chris liked other than food, Jeffrey?" Maine finally asks after another thirty minutes of Jeffrey vs Food for Chris's Heart episode. Maine tries to maintain her normal voice, but she's truly close to snapping and just sending the man away. She had thought when she first met Jeffrey that she could use this man's story for inspiration. But after the first day of hearing him recount his love tales, Maine wants to back out. The only thing stopping her from doing just that is the fact that no one should turn his back on someone like Jeffrey. Maine knows the consequences of doing such because she had first-hand experience on the matter.

It had been nasty every time.

Just a few more days and I can move on and I hope he can too, Maine secretly thinks as Jeffrey answers her question.

Their session lasts for another thirty minutes before Jeffrey finally decides to leave and search for his long lost lover...again and somewhere.

Maine silently watches as Jeffrey floats away towards the hallway before she releases a huge sigh of relief. She puts casts her notebook aside before leaning back comfortably against the cushioned chair and closing her eyes.

"You can come out now, assholes," Maine says without opening her eyes. She could feel them in front of her even if they are trying to be quiet. The sudden drop in temperature is always a dead giveaway.

Maine pulls her blue cardigan closer to her body as her ghosts float closer.

"That was one boring interview, Maine."

"Shut up, Pi," Maine replies scornfully as she hears the ghost called Peter Chu, nicknamed Pi, cackle like a weirdo somewhere above her. "I can't just tell him I don't need him anymore. I don't want one vengeful spirit to chase me to hell and back just because I decided to drop his story."

"Do you want me to tell him for you?" Another voice says. "I can tell the motherfucker to just keep his Gyoza stories to himself. Seriously, Mendoza, your new book will not even sell a hundred if you write about Pretty Boy's lover. It's obvious the guy he's pining for was more interested in food than him."

Maine agrees with him, but she doesn't want to voice it out just in case this particular ghost uses it to blackmail her someday. She would never underestimate Sammy Carlos and his evil mind tendencies. He might be a friendly ghost, but Maine is pretty sure he is one of hell's demons.