Burried in thoughts

My fingers are numb from the cold, but I still sit there on the rotting park bench.The frost is biting at my feet, but I still sit there.My eyes start to lose focus, I feel dizzy, and I can't stop myself from passing out.

I wake up with a start, my heart throbbing and there's someone who's calling me from across the park.I  know exactly who it is.My sister Wendy.

She is about six feet tall and is seventeen years old.She has a mop of long, thick, brown hair.She has beautiful brown eyes like polished chestnuts.Her warm welcoming smile rises my spirits a bit, although my heart still aches.She walks across to me and sits on the bench next to me.She puts her warm hands on my bold head.

"My heart hurts"I whimper
"Don't worry Kim" says Wendy soothingly.I sigh, and a tear runs down my cheek.Wendy raps her arms around me, leeching the cold out of my body and replacing it with warmth.

"Why does my life have to be like this?!"I shout in difficulty.
"Let's go home and get you warm"says Wendy.She helps me to my feet. I try to walk around the block, but my body starts to ache all over, so Wendy carries me the rest of the way home. I like being the baby, even though I'm fourteen. Wendy treats me like one anyway.

When we got home, my mother wrapped me up in warm blankets, and gave me warm milk and honey in a mug.

Suddenly, I burst into tears, and my hands lose their grip on my mug of warm milk and honey.It splatters and burns my lap, and I cry harder.

My mother rushes over to me, and gently mops me up with a cloth."Oh sweetie, calm down, I know it's not easy to handle your terminal cancer!"she says with flecks of tears in her eyes.
"I'll take her upstairs to have a Barth"says Wendy.She hauls me up into her arms, and carries me up the stairs into the Barth room.

She strips my clothes off while running the bath.After a few minutes, she turns the bath off and slowly dips me in the barth. The warmness soothes my body, and I start to relax a little. She massages some soap around my body, and I shut my eyes.

I imagine myself in a hospital bed, reaching out to my mother and Wendy, but I get wheeled away from them, and put in a small stuffy room. There are doctors and nurses armed with pincers and needles, about to open up my body to fish out a massive tumour.

My eyes snap open. Heart racing, I fumble to find Wendy's warm hands, but there is no one sitting there. I scrambled to my feet, and hop out of the bath.