Boats and Hoes - Five

Vic's PoV

I looked out the car window, not recognizing each and every one of these buildings we were passing. I couldn't help but feel that this is going to end up bad... maybe it's just all a prank?

I felt the car stop and Kellin looked over at me, putting one hand on my thigh, squeezing it tightly. "It's okay Vic, it's okay." I felt myself calming down when I notice the care in his voice.

He got out of the car and went over to my side and opened the door for me.

"Thank you." I mouthed as he gave me one of his heart-melting smiles.

I looked around, spotting nothing but the ocean. My eyes widened when I saw a huge boat with the words Sirens spelled across the side appeared in front of me.

"You own a ship?" I asked, amazement in my tone.

"A yard." He corrected me.

"That's so cool!" I said in a whisper like tone.

We walked on board and Kellin sat on a leather couch.

"Come sit." He said.

I did as told, but as usual, I sat a distance away from him.

"Vic, I didn't bring you here just so you could act all scared and stuff." He said with a hint of sadness in his voice, "No one can hurt you here, kay? It's just me. I promise you, I won't hurt you."

I nodded and scooted next to him.

Kellin's PoV

I looked down at my plate and it was already half gone. I turn to Vic's plate and it was still full.

"Aren't you going to eat your food?" I pointed my fork at his plate.

"I'm not hungry." He said, sighing.

I took his fork and scooped up some potato.

"Say aah." I did an airplane motion and 'flew' it to his still shut mouth.

He looked at me with wide eyes and shook his head, "I don't feel like eating."

I ran my fingers through my hair frustratedly remembering how thin he looked when he lifted his shirt up this morning.

"You have to eat something, Vic!" I shouted. It was unintentionally, but it sorta just happened.

His hand quickly stretched over to the fork and he shoved it in his mouth.

"Thank you." I sighed.

It seemed like the only way I could get him to listen to me was to threaten him or scare him. He was already so broken, so scared... I didn't want him to have to fear me.

"I need to go to the bathroom." He jumped out of his chair and ran to the bathroom.

I got up from my own chair and went to the bathroom he was in. The door wasn't locked, so I opened it.

"Oh, Vic." My heart dropped when I saw him bent over the toilet bowl, with red liquid leaking out from his mouth.

"Let's get back to my house," I said, handing him a tissue.

"Thanks." He said, nodding.

I helped him into my room and lied him down on my bed, putting the covers over his shivering body.

"What's wrong, Vic?" I asked.

"Nu-nuh- thing." His teeth clattered.

"We'll talk about this another day," I said, convinced that it's not as simple as nothing.

And just like that, Vic's light snores echoed the room.