Chapter 2

The next class she had was geography.  It was her least favorite class but luckily it was her last class. She was walking home like she did every day and this time there was a flash of light right behind her; it was like someone took a picture of her.  This made her feel uneasy, but all that was on her mind was to run. She broke out into a run. Mya was three blocks away from her house and all she could think about was getting home and locking the god damn door and then going up to her room to study for her science test. Mya was out of breath so she looked behind herself and then started to walk. Again there was another flash of light, but this time she could hear the footsteps.  This time she broke out into a full on sprint; she was only a block away from her house at this point. Mya made it to her street,  she didn't want to go straight to her house though, so she took the detour through the woods. She cut through her neighbour's back yard and went around to the front of her house where her grandmother was sitting on the porch waiting for her. Mya looked back one more time and then looked at her grandmother with relieved eyes. Mya was curious of where her mother was so she asked her grandmother who said that she had gone out to get groceries. Mya was fine with that answer but she asked her grandmother if they could sit inside instead of the porch. They went in and mya made her grandmother a cup of tea. Shortly after that, her mother came home.  Mya was glad that her mom was back now; she knew that she was at least safe for the rest of the night or at least she hoped she would be.