one.

I woke to the loud sound of my alarm. I groaned and absentmindedly let my hand search for my phone to silence the noise. I heard a faint groan, then a pillow smacking the back of my head with a large amount of force.

I opened my eyes in annoyance. Slowly getting up, I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and looked across the room.

"Was that really necessary?" I said glaring at the pillow that had just nailed me in the head before tossing it onto the floor.

"Sorry Fallon but your existence is annoying me," my roommate smirked as she turned in her bed to face me. I rolled my eyes and swung my legs around to jump out of bed.

It was the end of June and I had moved into the college dorms a week ago with my room mate Emma. Our classes didn't start for a month but the university welcomed Freshman to move in early and become accustomed to Los Angeles and the campus itself.

I grabbed my phone and walked to the bathroom than was conjoined to our bedroom. As I brushed my teeth and washed my face I put on some music and checked my notifications.

From the other room Emma yelled, " Are you down to go shopping at The Grove today? I can't stand another day doing nothing," she groaned.

I loudly agreed with jumbled words, I took my toothbrush out of my mouth and repeated myself, "Yes! I'm dying to start shopping for home decorations."

Emma and I hadn't known each other for very long, she was from Florida and I was from Washington. We met on our visit to the campus at the beginning of May and instantly clicked.

We liked the same things and had the same interests, so much so we could get carried away and be loud at times, which resulted in multiple warnings and finally a visit from our angry RA plus a screaming match between her and Emma.

Since that little episode we had been avoiding the hall's RA and started looking for an apartment complex close to campus to make for an easy commute, yet just the right amount of more freedom.

I got into the shower quickly washing my hair and body before turning the water off and drying off. I stepped out of the bathroom and into our room in a robe and towel wrapped around my hair.

I went to my dresser and pulled out a pair of high waisted jeans, a black belt and a strapless red top. (side note: lmao I hate the phrase tube top so catch me not using it EVER) I went back into the bathroom changing, drying and straightening my hair and doing my makeup.

I walk out grabbing my purse, I put my keys and phone inside and looked up to Emma finishing up putting on shoes.

"Ready to drop jaws?" She winked at me and laughed.

I laughed back, opening the door so we could finally leave. I locked the door with Emma's room key and w began our short walk to my car.

I put the keys in the ignition and pulled out of the dorm's parking lot. Emma plugged her phone into the car's aux and started blasting out favorite song. I stopped chewing my gum and froze, I slowly turned my head to look at Emma - just to be met with a smirk.

We both lifted our fisted hands to our faces pretending they were microphones.

"To be young and in love in New York City, to not know who I am but still know that I'm good long as you're here with me," we continued to scream the lyrics of LAUV's song and multiple of our other favorite songs before arriving at The Grove.

After looking for a parking space for about 10 minutes, we found a space that a car was pulling out of. As I was about to pull in a BMW coming from the other way pulled in from of my car, forcing me to brake to prevent us hitting.

The people stole out parking spot. It pulled in and the car lights shut off signaling the keys were taken out of the ignition. I laid into my horn, the noise echoing off the concrete parking structure.

Emma started cussing and flipping the car off as we drove off, in search of another space to take.

"Those sorry motherfuckers better pray we don't run into them, or they'll wish they never were born."

I looked Emma up and down, "how does so much rage fit into such a small body..."

Shortly after we had found another space. We got out and headed to the elevator.

//

Little bit of a short first chapter but it was really just an intro and I wanted to separate it a certain way. Also, the song I mentioned is literally my favorite
song of all time and it's called "I like me better" in case you haven't heard it before, hope you enjoy!

P.S. if chapter two isn't up yet please bare with me for a second!!