The Start

I ripped my cleat from my duffel bag, and put it on my foot as fast as I could. It was my first soccer game being a captain and to be honest it was scary. I was a senior now and being head captain of the girls soccer team was a big deal. Ever since I was little I wanted to be a captain of something whether it was soccer or any other sport, I just wanted to be the girl in charge. "You looks like a real soccer superstar" my mother blurted out, interrupting my thoughts. "Thanks Mom" I replied sounding really nervous. My voice was shaky and my hands were shaking, my heart was pounding, and there were about one million butterflies in my stomach. After I put my duffel bag on my back I ran out the back door with dirt flying ever which way from my last soccer game.

Coach Dan gave me the position center midfield! My favorite position! I ran out to the field and I heard Mom scream " You got this Morgan" with a smirk on her face. That boasted my confidence a lot. The whistle blew and I ran to the ball with my teammates behind me. A girl on the other team had the ball and I ran up to her pushed her out of my way and stole the ball. I immediately saw my teammate Laura and passed to her. Laura ran down the side of the field. " Cross it"! I screamed! Laura crossed and two girls on the other team tried to steal the ball but I went around them. I lifted my foot high and hit the ball with all my power at the goalie. GOAL! I scored my first goal as a captain five minutes in the game! " Good job Morgan"! My teammates chanted. I felt my smile growing bigger and bigger. But just because we are in the lead doesn't mean we're going to win. I thought to myself.

The whistle blew two times and half time came. Still no more goals for any team. Girls from my team ran to the locker room with sweat on every part of their outside body. Coach Dan's son Kieth came in with water bottles for every girl on the team. Older girls told me he was hot but not that hot!

(Skip ahead to later)

"Shoot Mia" Coach Dan screamed! One minute left of the game! Mia shot and the goalie. The goal keeper jumped and barely touched the ball! Another GOAL! And to add in the last minute of the game. "You rock Mia"! The team chanted!

Thanks for reading!  More to come!  I have many things planned for Morgan!  Stay tuned!