Sophia (part 2)

This morning at breakfast mommy and daddy were quiet. After he ate, daddy left for work. Mommy shut the door after him and looked at me. " One day Sophia, one day we'll find something better." I just stared at my half eaten cereal. Mommy checked the clock and told me it was time for me to go to school. I put on my backpack and walked toward my bus stop. I never liked riding the bus but daddy said it would be a waste of gas to drive me.

School was pretty much the same as it always is. Boring. I got on my bus after school and sat down in the third seat like I always do. The ride home always felt long because I was the last stop. When I walked in the door, I saw mommy sitting at the tv. She looked worried. When I asked her what was wrong, she quickly turned the tv off. "It's nothing honey. Why don't you go work on your homework." I sat down at the table and pulled out my books and started working. When I finished, I went to go play with my dolls. I heard a car pull up and the door open. Daddy was home. I heard them talking but it was quiet so I couldn't make out what they were saying. After awhile, mommy called me down for dinner. Mommy and daddy talked but I didn't pay attention. After dinner, I played until bedtime. Mommy tucked me in like she normally did, but I could tell something was wrong. I stayed awake for awhile trying to listen to mommy and daddy talk. I finally fell asleep.

I woke up soon after. I heard banging and then daddy came into my room. I pretended to be asleep so he wouldn't yell at me. " Sophia! Get up and get dressed! Hurry up and get downstairs!" I did what he said as fast as I could. I ran downstairs and saw bags siting in front of the door. I just stood at the bottom of the stairs, still half asleep. "What the hell are you doing Sophia!? Get in the damn car!" I didn't like it when daddy yelled at me, but I listened. A minute later, I saw mommy and daddy come out of the house with the bags. They threw them in the car and got in. I asked where we were going but daddy yelled at me and told me to shutup. I tried not to cry. "Don't yell at her Ed. She doesn't understand." mommy said softly. Daddy looked very angry at her. We were going really fast. We stopped when we got to the highway because there were a lot of cars in front of us. We sat for a moment and then got out. There were lots of cars behind us too. I started to get scared. I didn't know what was going on. Mommy opened the trunk of the car so I could sit down. Daddy walked up the road to figure out what was going on. Me and mommy waited awhile until we met another family. There was a boy my age, his mommy, and his daddy. The boy told me his name was Carl. We played with a few toys he brought. I still don't know what's going on, but at least I have a friend.