Curious

"Look Levy I need to go, I'm going to be late for work" I released myself from the bluenette's hug.   Pulling away I looked at her face, pale and worn out. I wanted to help my friend but I had to go. Waving goodbye I exited the house and began walking. I lived in a small town, everyone knows everyone and all jobs are easy to walk too.  I started work at 8:00 and it was already 7:50. I began speed walking, looking to the ground watching as my feet go faster and faster with each step. Just as a raised my head I bumped into a solid figure. 

Imminently I fell to the floor, rubbing my head I spoke.

"Juvia stop doing that" I didn't have to look up to know that Juvia was trying to ruin my life because she thinks I like Gray. 

"Not Juvia?" A masculine voice replied, an unfamiliar voice. I knew everyone and I had spoken to everyone. This voice belonged to someone new. Looking up I was met with an offered hand. Gladly I took it and hopped up.

"Sorry for bumping into you" I apologized having a look at the man in front of me. He was tall, pink scruffy hair, deep inky eyes and a crooked grin. I had never seen this man in my life.

"It's alright" He replied before rushing off. That was weird, I have never really met anyone who would rush of without getting to know me. Like I am pretty attractive, no I'm joking. It was just odd for him to rush off so quickly. I knew I had to get going. Work was important. It was paying my rent, it was feeding me, bathing me, dressing me, it was buying me food. If I didn't have work then I would not have money to do all those things. I picked up my phone and dialed a number.

...

"I won't be able to make it to work today" I spoke still gazing at the man in the distance.

"Why not?" My boss answered.

"Something important came up .... family stuff" I made up an excuse.

"Oh alright, just this once" He hung up. Thankfully my boss was pretty chill. Makarov, he owned the biggest restaurant where I worked. I wondered if he knew of this mysterious man or was I the only curious one.

My feet began moving, slowly at first but then fast. Each time he turned around I hid. What was he doing here. He was dressed in a tux with a muffler. Here in Fiore we dress extremely casual. He seemed pretty determined to get where he was going because he wasn't paying attention to anything but his direction. 

Eventually he arrived at a mansion, the mansion at the end of the street. I said I knew everyone in Fiore, well the man who lives in there is an exception. No one knew him. I watched as the pink haired man approached the door. He rung the doorbell and waited. He continued to wait until at least 10 minutes had passed. I decided it was now or never to approach him. I walked up quickly and quietly.

"Hey remember me?" I questioned.

"Yes, you might want to leave"

"I was just wondering why your here?" I got straight to the point, ignoring his demand.

"Business"

"What kind of business?" 

Before the man got to answer the door to the mansion was opened and I was held at gunpoint. That is definitely a first for me. I was just an innocent town girl trying to find out who this guys is. Looking to my side the man pulled out his gun and pointed it to the mansion owner. 

"This kind of business" He breathed before kicking the gun out of the other mans hand. It was like nothing I had ever seen. It was like something out of a spy movie. I watched as the two men fought. The pinkette was throwing all the attacks, punches, kicks while the mansion owner was defending himself, pretty well though. He looked like he would soon just pounce and defeat the pinkette.

"OH MY GOSH!" I yelled as the mansion owner fell to the floor. I saw him fall before I heard the bullet. It happened so fast. I watched as blood oozed from his head and created a puddle. I had never seen a dead body, and it wasn't exactly on my bucket list.

"Come with me" The pinkette grabbed my arm and dragged me inside the mansion. I was too shocked to say anything or fight back. As he dragged me upstairs I took a look around to see a lot of bodies. Dead. This explains the missing people in Fiore. They have been here all along.

"This man is a mass murderer" The pinkette spoke.

"And you just murdered him" I accused him. 

"I'm an undercover cop. He would of killed you" He fought back.

"Who are you?" I stuttered and looks up at the man, my eyes open wide.

"Natsu, Agent Natsu Dragneel"

_______________

1 year later

"Hand over the files now" I took a step closer holding my gun strongly. My eyes stared daggers into the ladies soul.

"Alright alright" She kicked over the file nervously, sweat running down her face. It always felt good to do that. Get someone to do what I want. It never gets old.

"Good one babe" I heard Natsu say behind me. He was right I was good at this but who did I have to thank.

"Well you taught me" I shrugged.

Together we cuffed the lady and her husband, taking them into custody. I worked as an Agent, Agent Lucy Heartfillia. If it weren't for Natsu then I wouldn't be working there. It was pretty cool working as an Agent. It was definitely different from my old simple job. 

"Thats another one down" I smiled at the man in front of me. He turned over and look back at me. I already knew what he was going to do.

"It is" He gave me his signature crooked smile, the one he gave me when we first met. The one he gives after every mission.

I guess curiosity pays off.