Chapter 6

Reference picture for the warturtles I will keep on mentioning from now on: (credits to my good friend @Fishables or Ryan)

(2k+ words! yay! Oh, and, next chapter you'll get a list with how to pronounce the names. I've noticed you guys have trouble with that, so there ya go. :3)

-={+}=-

In front of them was a lake, glittering in the weak sunlight, and beyond that was a huge fortress. Zuwha stood still and stared at the grand building. Four massive towers pierced the sky, connected by stone walls the height of three huts stacked on top of eachother. It was massive.

A huge bird dropped through the clouds, screeching loudly. Zuwha stared at the massive creature as it did a few barrel rolls and then flew straight up into the clouds again. He looked at the lake in front of them as the water began to move, a wall of water building up higher and higher. The wave crashed down with a loud splash and he saw two kids at the edge of the lake high-fiving eachother.

To the left of the lake, a huge battle seemed to unfold. A dragon, its green scales shining in the sun, attacked ginormous turtles that had spikes on their backs. A snake the size of a tree leapt at a pitch black wolf as one of the huge birds he saw earlier swooped down and picked the snake up, lifting it up in the sky with a triumphant cry as thunder rolled.

Druji chuckled. 'Seems like they're having fun. Let's go to the gate on the south side, shall we? If we go to the left we can show you the stables as well.'

Zuwha nodded absentmindedly, staring at the fighting creatures. They were all so big and vicious. What more did this castle hold?

Druji walked along the edge of the lake, Chauta next to him. Zuwha followed them as the male mage dipped his fingers in the water, building up a wave as he walked on. When they reached the edge of the lake, he let the now metre high wave go as it splashed over the two kids Zuwha saw earlier. The duo cried out in surprise, but the mage just chuckled.

They turned to the left, walking along the castle's wall. They got closer and closer to the battleground, giving Zuwha the perfect opportunity to watch even closer. He could see the dragon's huge fangs as he bit the leg of one of those turtles. Spikes shot out of the ground and went straight through the dragon's shoulder, making it roar in pain. The turtle snorted and bit the dragon's snout, it's jaws coming together with a loud snap.

The bird that still carried the snake with its talons swooped down and dropped its load onto the dragon's back, causing the dragon to collapse as the snake was much too heavy. The bird then swooped down and tried to pick up the turtle, but got caught up in the spikes on its back. The bird let out an ear-piercing cry of pain and retreated back into the sky.

One of those pitch black wolves appeared next to Zuwha and leapt at him. Zuwha yelped in fear and hugged the cold castle wall, but when a few seconds later nothing had happened yet, he looked around in confusion. Druji picked up the wolf by the scruff of its neck and whispered some words in its ear, and it whimpered in pure fear as it tried to get away. Druji smirked and threw the animal to the ground, watching it as it scrambled away.