Prolouge

Starting off senior year knowing nobody isn't ideal.  But I've gone through this too often before.  Anyone that gets close to me ends up just loosing me in the end, so why even bother?  I mean, I've never really had a connection with anyone.  Friends are just place holders for all that awkward silence or extra time you somehow have.  Plus next year I'll be in college, so everyone I meet this year will be a distant and definitely forgotten memory.
Besides, no one really likes me anyways.  They are just nice to me because of dad's reputation.  They don't care about my interests, my hobbies, me.  I'm glad to be free next year.  Until then, I'll just have to keep playing the role of a joy filled child.  Though, at 18, I'm not really a child anymore.

~

The trucks engine revs to life, and slowly pulls away, around the corner, and out of sight.  I sigh as I still watch the corner, hoping it would one back, and take me away.  Take me away anywhere at this point.  Away from life, away from them, away from just general worry.  The slender figure at my side chuckles and picks up a small box filled with breakable dishes and silverware.
"Oh silly, are you going to stand there all day?  Come and help me move everything inside before you go on about how moving is devastating," the summer breeze flowing through her shoulder length, brown hair.
That's mom, the gentle beauty.  She's very slim and quite weak, just as she appears to be.  Her hair is a chocolatey brown and she has creamy eyes, an almost grayish blue.  She was the cheerleading captain for her four years in high school, being the babe every dude wanted to bang.  Not only does she got the looks, but she is just the sweetest person you'll ever meet.
I only sigh in response as I grope the boxes in my hands, their weight finally getting to me.  I head inside behind her, and eye the staircase in the entryway.  It's quite narrow, and I'm lucky to be almost as slender as mom, otherwise I'd never fit through that.  I follow mom into the kitchen, and place the boxes on the floor, the dust spurting up off the ground and they hit the tile.  I cough a few times and squint to see in the dusty room, the atmosphere feeling untouched for years.
"Well, isn't this quite homey...?" She starts as I roll my eyes.  She's such a girl sometimes.
"Your boxes are upstairs in the hallway, so pick a room.  After you're done unpacking some help me with the kitchen, then we can make something nice to eat for you father when he gets home," she smiles at me.  I weakly smile back and trudge my way upstairs, careful of the boxes near the bottom and top of the staircase.
Dad is quite the businessman.  He's the owner of the company 'Lucky's,' but he has to travel to different factory locations to run them every few years.  They are short on people to run the buildings properly, so they need him to run them where productivity is high.  He's the highest ranked manager in the company, maybe that's why he owns it.  Plus is instinctive distrust of people doesn't help him with hiring people to watch and run his factories either, so he insists on doing it himself.  He's a strongly built man, a little shorter than my mom, but she's about 6', so he's pretty average. He has shiny, black hair and electric blue eyes. With his looks and personality, it's a miracle he hasn't cheated on mom yet, even thought I think he already has. She doesn't seem to see how bad he is, she only sees the good in things.
This year, I'll show her. I'll get her away from that maniac, no matter what comes my way. Even if it means risking all those 'perfect little friendships' I encounter. But hey, they mean nothing to me anyways. What's to loose?