Part 2

"Ow fuuuuu....." I start, before I realize that I should see what hit me in the face. I look towards my side and see a small heart shaped locket, that fits perfectly in the palm of my hand. It looks really pretty, so I decide to put it on. It sits right between my collarbones, such a nice fit it's scary. I try to open it, but there is a very small lock on it, so I give up.
'Who even makes locks that small?' I think to myself, as I focus my attention back on the cold air in my face.  A small vent is in the wall, the job to close it probably broken.  I grab the job and twist with all my might, but nothing happened.  I sigh and pick myself up from the floor.
'I'll just have to fix it later' I think before sighing.  Couldn't it have been heat?  I must fix it before winter gets here.  I exit the room and grab my bags, careful of what's inside.  Of course I'm going to take the ominous room, why wouldn't I?  When I enter the rom again, the door slams shut and mom still doesn't hear it.  I sling the bag of my clothes onto my new bed and set the other bag on the desk near the front of the room.  Inside are my most valued possession- statues.  I collect statues of a million different things.
As I unzip my bag I look towards the book shelf and smile to myself.  It's a perfect place to put them.  I open my other bag and grab an old T-shirt I don't like and clean the cobwebs with it.  After everything is less dusty, I take each statue gentle and place in on the shelves.  The ducklings, the small gargoyle, the dragon miniatures. Looking at my prized blue dragon, something catches the corner of my eye.
What looks like a small white sheet of paper is tucked into the corner of the floorboards. I walk over a pull it out, careful not to rip it. I unfold the small piece and it has some numbers on it. "7-23-15" I read out loud. Looks like some sort of code, but I haven't seen anything to unlock besides the locket. But it's not a number combination, just a key lock.
I decide to search the other rooms, since it's cold in this creepy room and I want to explore the rest of the house.
As I exit the room, the cold air shuts the door quickly behind me and I'm pushed forwards, like it wants me out. I'm going to love sleeping in there.
I first decide to snoop around the red room with the creme designs first. The small closet in the corner has a door which is hanging on one hinge, like it had been broken into. The scratches on the door frame were jagged inwards, along with ripped carpet near the bottom of the door. The wallpaper around the door was also torn to shreds, it is very concerning.
'What did the family living here before have to deal with?' I think, before entering the closet. Nothing inside the closet, except dust and cobwebs, making me sneeze. It's too compact and dark for me to see anything, so I exit and look by the single window. Everything seems normal, gentle chipping around the frame, but nothing unusual. Checking the rest of the room was easy, since there was nothing inside it.
I move in the the purple room with the stripes, but nothing much in there either. The closet isn't forced in, but there is no door on this one. Again nothing in the closet, and nothing strange with the window. I then go into the orange bathroom. Searching the mirror cabinet and underneath the sink, finding nothing, I search the bathtub and the small window, but again finding nothing.
With no luck, I sigh and stuff the note into my jeans pocket and head downstairs.