Chapter two

Avery's POV

Both Scarlett and I are very popular at school. I am dating the star quarter back of staton high school Carter Miller. They are inseparable. Not only is he the star on the field he is the schools most popular guy. And if your thinking that he's the top jock, biggest jerk in school your wrong. And I'm not just saying that because he's my boyfriend.

Actually last year he took lily this girl in our grade who has Down syndrome, to homecoming! And even though we were dating it was still really cute! He's a really nice guy. Scarlett is also dating a foot ball player. His name is Kyle Jacobs. He's real sweet also.

Down here in Tennessee football is huge. Most people talk about the typical Friday nigh lights, well down here it's Friday night lights with a twist! There's the football game that starts at seven every Friday, by the way were the staton high devils. Most people go to the big abandoned barn right outside of town before the game to set up for the "hoedown". But everyone knows the party starts after the game. The boys from the team bring the beer while the girls set up make arrangements for music and stuff like that.

Friday morning

"Are you ready for the game tonight?! It's gonna be a hell raiser considering we're playing our biggest competition!"

Scarlet is screaming at me down the hallway. Like usual. We usually match every Friday wearing our boyfriends varsity football jerseys and buckle miss me skinny jeans with our signature cowboy boots. We have our hair straightened and a dark smokey eye. We look good like always.

"Of course I am Scarlett, this after party is gonna be in the books!"