What A Family

"Come on dad, I'll walk you out." I say to Luscious.  "What are those colors?" He asks looking at the flowers someone sent me. "I don't know someone sent them to me." "You should get rid of them." "I will, I promise." I say as we walk out of my office at Empire.

"Hakeem, I've tried. There is absolutely no way that I can get that many roses in that color." Anika says. Bella's birthday was coming up and don't get me wrong I love her, but Anika is working on my last nerve. I think I'm about to go crazy.  "We need tambourines, we need doves, right that down." He says with an annoyed tone.

"Alright, look that's enough y'all can figure it out, it's not that deep. It's a princess and prince birthday party- may he Rest In Peace- and Anika you are here as a courtesy, so you need to calm down." Cookie says.

"Hey everybody. Dad wanted to see his office before-" I was cut off by seeing Anika there and that's when Cookie got up out of her chair.

"Nobody told me my granddaughter was here." Luscious says as he tries to walk over to the stroller but Cookie stops him.

"She's asleep in the stroller." Hakeem says.

"Hakeem," I say making him look at me. "Stop."

"Anika is here because she is planning her daughters birthday party!" Cookie says with fake excitement.

"Anika!" "Yes." "Hi, how are you?" "Better, now that I'm out of jail." Anika says smartly.

"She was in prison, too?" He asks.

"Jail ain't prison and she wouldn't even in there long enough to break a nail. Luscious is leaving he just came to stop by."  "I came to see Bella."

"I'm sorry I didn't come to see you in the hospital, I'm sure that you would have come to see me in jail if you had been able to. After all you are the reason I was there." She says.

"Mom." I say as a warning.

"Anika I'm sorry for anything I did wrong to you, I really am."  "A sincere apology? Wow, Luscious what is this for, for uh forcing me into a shamed marriage, or for ripping my child out of my arms for six months?"

"Who the hell do you think you are to judge anybody?!" Andre scream as he walks towards her, causing Cookie, Hakeem, Luscious to come over to me and hold me back from her.

"Just breathe, Andre." Hakeem says as Andre pinches his nose and I walk over to the stroller, pick Bella up and try to calm her down.  "You're not the only person to forget things. Something else happened the day Bella was born."  "Rhonda. I'm so sorry." "Somebody sent me flowers today. I thought is one of you." He says as he sighs deeply. "I should've known better. I told you my wife died pop, but I didn't tell you how." He says as Cookie looks down. "Screaming. Every bone in her body broken, and the last face she saw was..." he trails off as he looks at Anika. "And because you all felt that keeping family secrets was more important than telling the truth she got away with murder, and now here you are planning her baby's birthday party. While my family, my family.." he screams as he tries to come towards Bella and I causing me to shield her and Cookie to calm Andre down.

"Andre!" "But that's how it goes pop. That's how it always goes for me." He says tearing up as he leaves the room.

"You should be ashamed. Do you not feel guilty? If I were Bella-" I say motioning to the now sleeping baby that I was holding, "I'd be humiliated and embarrassed to have you as a mother." I say with venom lacing through my voice.

"Y/N-" Anika tries to talk to me. "Shit up Anika. You should've left her in jail, I bet she'd make a good bitch." I say looking at Cookie and Thirsty. "Y/N, that is uncalled for." "Is it really?" I ask as I walk out of the room with Bella.

"Hey uncle Jamal." "Hey."

Today mom is holding a contest to see who's album is going to be the Alpha album for the 20/20 concert. Every artist in the Empire company is going to battle it out for that number one spot. My uncle Jamal is going to be the omega so I thought I'd go for the Alpha. While I'm waiting I see Tory storm out of the auditioning room. As I walk in Cookie automatically shuts me down.

"Babe I'm sorry we can't have a child opening for us." I was so disgusted that I just left without turning back. Everyone has tried to call me but I wouldn't answer my phone.

Maybe they should think twice before shutting me down.