sixteen

16: real life & instagram

Ariana opened her brown eyes with a yawn, looking around her bedroom. She was almost positive that she had heard something and when another loud crash sounded throughout her house, her suspicions were confirmed.

She slowly got up from her bed, grabbing her phone (there was no way in hell she could've fought whoever broke into her house). She dialed 911, but chose not to call yet.

Another crash made her shriek and jump a bit as she walked down the stairs towards where the noise was coming from.

Ari walked into her kitchen, only to see Malia standing there with a sheepish smile on her face.

"What the hell, Lia!" The latina exclaimed, running her free hand through her hair. "You almost gave me a heart attack."

The taller girl pouted. "I wanted to make you breakfast, but then I forgot how to."

"How did you even get inside my house without setting off the alarms?"

Malia grinned, looking extremely proud of herself. "There's not an alarm on your window."

"You broke into my window? It's on the second floor!" Ari's jaw dropped at her friend's actions.

The werecoyote shrugged, before wrapping her arms around the shorter girl's waist, picking her up and spinning her around.

"Happy birthday!" She cheered, watching as Ariana's face lit up. She put the human down, remembering the object she had hidden. "Oh, I have something for you."

Ari giggled, shaking her head. "You're such a dork, Lia."

Malia grabbed the huge stuffed animal and held it up to her friend happily.

A toothy smile took on her face and she took off towards her friend. Malia dropped the plush, wrapping her arms around Ariana's waist to steady her after she jumped and wrapped her arms and legs around the taller girl.

Malia watched with a fond smile as the latina proceeded to jump off her and pick up the bear that was bigger than she was.

"Oh, my God!" She giggled once more. "I love you so much! Thank you!"

Malia laughed at how adorable the girl was acting. She turned on her phone to check the time and her jaw dropped. "Alright, we gotta go. Right now."

The latina glanced at her with a confused look on her face. "What? Why?"

"It's a suprise."

Ariana rolled her eyes and grabbed the girl's hand, pulling her to her room.

"Why are we going to your room?" Malia asked.

"I am not passing up this instagram opportunity."

This time, Malia rolled her eyes. "Fine."

The girl leaped back into her bed and cuddled into the bear.

/////