Chapter Five

It has been a few days now, and everyone is quiet. Nothing has been said much aside from the occasional hello or goodbye. I messed up, and I want to try and repair my mistake, but how?

Marco comes rushing into the living room, where I have been sitting.

"Y/n! We need to go! There's some monster guys outside- What are you doing?" Marco stops mid-sentence and watches me, as I begin to slide down the couch.

"What's the point, man?" I say, quietly. I then roll onto the floor and huddle up into a burrito.

"I mean... There's literal monsters outside... And we need help?"

"Yeah I know... But I can't help you." I roll away and hide behind the couch. I then sit up and start messing with the shirt that I had on. Twirling the edges on my finger, I could hear Marco making his way over to me.

He bends down and watches me. We stand there for maybe a couple seconds when Star is suddenly next to us. She is standing by Marco, far from me, as we all kinda just awkwardly watch one another.

"Hey guys, I got those monsters." Star bends down to me, and smiles. "I'm not mad at you... By the way. Yeah, I was upset that you kept pushing the subject, but then again I didn't really have to tell you. I'm sorry." Star puts out her hand, and I look up at her, grabbing onto her hand.

"I want to apologize too... I didn't have to keep asking you, I should've let you have your privacy." I smile at her, and hug her.

"Okay you guys, I think there's more stuff at hand to deal with." Marco quickly says, as suddenly there's more monsters approaching us.

"How did they get in here?" I yell, hiding behind the couch even more.

Star stands up, and suddenly she is smacking herself. Marco catches her hands, and then tells her to calm down.

"I left the door open and that's how they got in." Star quicky says, and then jumps over the couch with Marco, and starts attacking the monsters.

A/n: very short chapter today! Sorry, some stuff is happening irl for me right now, but hey, it's an update at least.