The Fast Lane

"Abbey, over here!"

"Abbey, just a quick smile!"

"Abbey, is it true that you're dating Liam Hemsworth? How do you think Miley will handle the news?!"

Abbey Mason just stared straight ahead through her black ray-ban sunglasses not the slightest bit phased by the dozens of paparazzi that the security guards at her current venue were attempting to keep off of her.

She strutted through the crowd, shielded by her body-guard. Just as she reached the door to the venue she turned around, put her sunglasses on her head and flashed the paparazzi one megawatt smile before stepping inside the large building.

As the door closed behind her and the 5 people accompanying her, the noise of yelling died down.

Her manager Andrew Williams stepped up and fell into the same pace as her as they were lead towards the dressing room that she would be using for the next few hours before her show.

"You handled that well" Andrew spoke up.

"Yeah, well I guess you could say I've gotten used to it." Abbey replied chuckling.

Andrew grinned and laughed softly.

The two were also joined by Abbeys bodyguard Louis O'Brien, her mom Alexandra Mason, her singing coach Megan Richards and head stylist, who also happened to be her best friend, Liza Adams.

"Well you would get used to it, wouldn't you?" Liza teased. "Being as you are the most famous teen sensation in the world!"

"Oh stop" Abbey laughed, shoving her playfully.

"It's true! There's hardly a person on the planet who doesn't know your name!" Liza argued.

"I think that's a bit of an exaggeration" Said Abbey.

"Whatever you say!" Liza said, beaming, since she had clearly won the argument.

The 5 walked quickly down twisted hallways for a few more minutes with Andrew going on and on about the schedule for the next couple hours.

When they reached Abbey's dressing room Louis remained outside on a bench with Megan, while Andrew hurried off to deal with business regarding the lack of paper towel in her room. Abbey sighed and sat down on the love seat next to the makeup counter.

The room resembled many of the other dressing rooms Abbey had had before. The makeup counter was large with a huge mirror next to the rack of clothing that had already been placed inside.

Liza joined Abbey on the love seat while Alexandra busied herself on her iPhone.

"So...Denver tonight and then where are we headed for tomorrow?" Liza asked, breaking the silence.

Abbey shrugged and looked over to her mother who just sighed.

"Colorado Springs, Abbey. You should really get a schedule!"

Abbey grinned back at her mother who shook her head with a teasing smile on her face.

She looked back over to Liza

"Colorado Springs".

Liza just rolled her eyes and lay her head on the back of the love seat.

"Abbey!" Suddenly Andrew appeared in the doorway with a stern expression on his face.

"Come with me, you've gotta rehearse before soundcheck and soundcheck is only" he paused glancing down at his watch. "2 and a half hours from now!"

Abbey let out a groan and got up slowly.

"But Andrew I just sat down." She objected.

Andrew just shook his head and headed off down the hallway, muttering something about 'oh yeah I feel so bad for you, being the most rich and famous teenager in the world and all'