Chapter 1

I was sitting in my small room at my white, wood desk. I was only in my grey sweat pants and a blue long sleeve shirt. It was my lazy day before school started back up again. My brownish-blonde hair tied up in a messy bun.
I was writing a story on my laptop when my mom came in to my room, "Sweetie. I'm leaving for work."
"Ok," I got up and walked over to her. We walked through the house and out to the front porch. "Bye mom," I turn to look at her.
"Bye Callie. You better be good while I'm gone! Don't get into to much trouble. It's a small neighborhood, I've got eyes everywhere." She says with a smirk smeared across her face.
"Don't worry mom. I'll be fine. I have been the whole summer, haven't I?" She nodded, "well you better get going before your late. Love you."
"Ok. Love you," She gave me a peck on the forehead then climbed into her car. I waved as she was pulling out of the driveway. She made her way down the street and turned left.
Across the street, a tall slender boy, about my age, caught my eye. He was moving into the house across the street. He smiled at me and waved. I waved back and could feel my burning cheeks turn red. A little boy ran up to him. His little brother? They kind of looked alike, so I'm assuming so. But it could also just be me. I wasn't wearing my glasses and it was pretty far away. The little boy tugged on his shirt and the older one knelt down to see what he needed. The younger one just gave him a kiss on the cheek and ran off. The older one got up and chased after him. When he finally caught up to him he grabbed him and tickled him. I just laughed and went inside. I shut the door behind me.